Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
12v or 120v water pump

Does anyone use a small 120v water pump instead of 12v for pumping water into the tank? My 12v gets very hot and I think in may go out soon.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #2

Not sure why, or even how, you would use the water pump to FILL the FW tank. I'm not understanding something.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Boondock camping......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
Not sure why, or even how, you would use the water pump to FILL the FW tank. I'm not understanding something.
Boondock camping often involves camping in remote areas for extended periods of time. Often times you run out of water and can refill from a bladder or other type of water carrier. I carry 50 extra gallons and use a pump to refill my fresh water tank which is full when I first arrive.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTwoStep View Post
Does anyone use a small 120v water pump instead of 12v for pumping water into the tank? My 12v gets very hot and I think in may go out soon.
I assume you are talking about an extended stay boondock and you're pumping from an aux source to the tank. I've never been in a position for that need but, a 120v pump would certainly be a better idea! I would prefer to run the genny for a few mins and get it over with, than run a 12v pump for a long time which is certainly going to draw major amps from the batteries and why it gets hot. At least that's what I would do with the rig I have.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #5

I use a 12 volt pump, hook it up and go drink a beer, why worry about time, everyday is a Saturday.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #6

I pump from a 55 gallon barrel, and use one of these Rule IL500 Plus Inline Pump Kit 12V Model IL500PK | eBay to transfer the water.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water