Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobjack22 View Post
As a TT newbie I have yet to experience the mouse issue. However as a long time boater who lives in the country surrounded by field mice I do have a tip for RV storage.

Buy a roll of 8” galvanized flashing. Make rings using tapping screws or pop rivets. One to go around the jack and larger ones for the wheels...in other words anything with ground contact. They can’t climb the sheet metal and no chance of killing the neighbors dogs.

Been doing this for years with great success! I do put a tomcat bait box under the consoles of my 3 boats as a just in case.
Hi, good idea but wouldn't work where I live ... Snow comes up too high.
scubastevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2018, 08:05 AM   #86

We live in the woods in NC. I was always getting mice in my RV. I read on a Natural Oil site to put peppermint oil on cotton balls around the inside of the RV. I tried it last winter and it seemed to work. Although you need to "refresh" it every now and then and it MUST be peppermint oil, not extract.
SanDee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #87

We have been using the selective mode electronic pest re-peller in the attic for bats. apparently It has worn out in about one month on that setting so am trying a setting for larger rodents that actually makes an audible noise to humans. Will let you know how that works out. Really expected more than a little over a month on the usable life.
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #88

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
We have been using the selective mode electronic pest re-peller in the attic for bats. apparently It has worn out in about one month on that setting so am trying a setting for larger rodents that actually makes an audible noise to humans. Will let you know how that works out. Really expected more than a little over a month on the usable life.
If the electronic pest repeller worked, (there is much conflicting testing on their actual effectiveness) as soon as the bats were repelled you do need to close up all roof openings to prevent their return.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:10 AM   #89

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've read that strobe lights in the attic is an effective way to deter squirrels. I bet it would keep bats out as well. Maybe try both?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:22 PM   #90

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the new and improved ball bearing mouse trap. His name is tiger
gimblerotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:50 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimblerotor View Post
I have the new and improved ball bearing mouse trap. His name is tiger

Ours USED to be ball bearing, but no longer

But they still keep the mice away!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I've read that strobe lights in the attic is an effective way to deter squirrels. I bet it would keep bats out as well. Maybe try both?
It might work well especially if you could get a motion sensor to find the bats. Light does make a difference.

I have had a problem where they come down behind the brick rather than into the actual attic

Changing the electronic rappeler to an audible sound seems to be working now but it worked for a little over a month on the bat setting

after cold weather I found a place near the soffit above the brick that they are entering so will fix it then
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote