Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #29

MY scooter is a 4 stroke and uses a pulse pump....I have 2 new ones still in their package........beings how these gennys are rope start type, you still have to pull the rope to start.....no elec starter on them.....although for BIG bucks, there is a company out making electrical starters for the Hondas.......to make less of a load starting your A/C, one can buy an Easy Start Capacitor that is a plug and play device.....fits right next to factory one and the connectors are already there { goes inside outside shroud}......and yes, my Hondas also use a pulse pump.....I've been able to run both gennys from Friday afternoon till ten that evening, From 10am till 10pm on Saturday, and from 10am on Sunday till about 4pm and still have gas in the extended stay tank.......tomorrow I'll take a pic of where the Hondas pulse the pump....scooter too, if the wind here in Yuma settles down a bit
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
....to make less of a load starting your A/C, one can buy an Easy Start Capacitor that is a plug and play device.....fits right next to factory one and the connectors are already there { goes inside outside shroud}....
Supposedly the Coleman Mach 15 comes from the factory with a hard start cap built in..I’ll pop the shroud off tomorrow and check to be sure.
uraceulose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:30 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_doctor View Post
You will probably be disappointed with an attempt to use an impulse pump on your 4-stroke engine. It doesn't create enough pressure/vacuum pulses to drive a pump. Typically the crankcase is vented to the atmosphere, and no pulses would be available to drive a pump. Impulse pumps are commonly used on 2-stroke engines. Two-stroke engines require a closed crankcase as the incoming fuel charge is passed thru the crankcase and is drawn in by the changing pressure/vacuum pulses generated by the piston's movement. If you require two engines to do your job, you'll need two fuel pumps. I suggest that you go to NAPA and purchase two of their 1.5 to 3.5 psi 12 volt pumps. They operate on low current draw, and are self regulating. You could plumb them directly, one to each carburetor fuel feed nipple. It would be Very Dangerous to attempt to have them fill the onboard generator fuel tanks. The 12 volt pumps will lift fuel a couple of feet, and are self priming. R.T.
The Honda eu2000, 4 stroke generator uses a pulse pump.

My 9.9, 4 stroke outboard, along with millions if others use pulse pumps.

You may have to control the crank case venting to get them working but its a common thing.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:37 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraceulose View Post
Thanks so much. I was thinking that possibly using the crankcase for vacuum could cause a problem on the upstroke of the piston where it creates pressure rather than vacuum?

I’ll go back through the diagram and see if I can find a spot where I can put a hose barb on and use it to power the fuel pump.

The generator has the style of fuel tank where I can tighten the gas cap down tight and it doesn’t click like an automobile gas cap for ventilation luckily.
The upstroke of the piston will not cause pressure. Crankcase pressure is tapped below the piston, where the motor oil is.

The action of the piston going up and down causes the pulse, underneath it.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #33

Smile wen generator 56200i extended run fuel cap & hose adaptor

For new Wen Generator owners of the 56200i Model there is an Extended Run Fuel Cap & Hose Adapter that you can find on e-bay.
It is listed as Extended Run Gas Cap Adapter w/ Brass Hose for Yamaha EF2000is 1000is (Silver).

This Extended Run Fuel Cap & Hose Adapter will fit the Wen56200i Model as well as Yamaha EF2000is/1000is, Coleman PM2000I, Ai Power Sua 2300i, Powerhorse 2000 & Pulsar 2000is. This cap & adapter work fine the gravity way. Cost on ebay is 12.95 + tax. The MPN# is VSQP180SILVER and the
UPC# is 8400047006089.

You can also find the same Cap except in black anodized finish from Trimantec
#EXTRUNFC

It took me 2 days to find these online after going through hundreds. Many of them look the same in the photos. I even called the WEN help desk & they said there were none & I would need to buy a 2nd generator. Well there are extended run caps & hose adapters out there for this WEN 56200i You just have to find them. I hope this helps others. Do remember after running your generator for 8-10 hours to shut it off & let it cool down. You'll get more life out of the generator.
68aristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:25 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68aristocrat View Post

Do remember after running your generator for 8-10 hours to shut it off & let it cool down. You'll get more life out of the generator.
So it runs cool for over 8 hours and then gets near hot enough to overheat at 9 hours ?

That doesn't make any sense to me. If its going to overheat, its going to do it due to heavy load, high outside temps or blocked air flow.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:22 AM   #35

Smile Wen 56200i

I thought the same thing but when I called Wen to find out if there was an Extended Run Kit or Cap, that was the advice they gave me. They also said there was no Extended Run Cap or hose adapter but there is. Maybe they are just trying to get people to buy two generators & their linkage kit. The Wen 56200i: Generator has an Eco function & is an Inverter Generator anyway. I wouldn't think it would overheat unless it's really overloaded
68aristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel pump, generator, honda