Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2018, 08:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
Actually the whole thing is hilarious for several reasons.

Cheers
Interesting what you find funny.

What is your funny take on this story?

Texas man in RV beaten; Arlington police seek 3 suspects | Fort Worth Star-Telegram
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #30

Why it took 14 minutes to tell a story that could have been told in 2 minutes or less is "special". Babble, babble a then more babble. That is the scary part of this story. I cant imagine being cooped up in a camper with her.

But I will add, she was scared. And I can understand that everyone reacts to situations differently. Some may not see any reason to feel danger here. Nothing wrong that.
She did, nothing wrong with that. Only fault here is she talks too darn much
Old 06-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Interesting what you find funny.

You do seem awfully invested in this "horror" story. Is it personal?
WyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyCamper View Post
You do seem awfully invested in this "horror" story. Is it personal?
How so? I don't see how you get there.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:46 AM   #33

Americans coddle and spoil thier kids today and the majority of humans are of low intelligence. Not only did (and he) run away but she had to call daddy the next day since she would "not go back there alone". This video doesnt surprise me. Another case of; I cant handle it , daddy will think for me syndrome.

There are a few resourceful people in the world while many are only sheep.
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:16 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Throw away the big can of bear mace, replace it with a 9 mil and of coarse, learn how to use it first. JMHO.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:21 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
After the third "like" I was finished. If people can't put a sentence together without using the word "like", like I'm outta there.

Me too...and starting sentences with "So..."
RJShiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
Actually the whole thing is hilarious for several reasons.

What is a “travel buddy”? Is that some type of a boy friend or a guy friend? If so why not just say that?

From her description of him, he certainly couldn’t have been a "real man". It sounds like he was as scared as the drama queen herself who obviously watches way too much TV and horror movies to be boondocking out in the middle of the woods.

There is a large dog, most nuts don’t like large dogs. Two dogs are better than one

Wonder why her rig, and all rigs for that matter primarily used for boondocking in the BLM or in middle of the woods, don’t have an outside lighting system which lights up the entire outside perimeter of the rig with the flip of an inside switch? Some rigs can be also be equipped with a loud siren and outside cameras too That probably would have worked wonders for the midnight truck driver.

The best part was when she apparently convinced her “travel buddy” to get out of the car and open up the gate....while she had his back of course

Would have enjoyed seeing his face about then as the bogyman could have got him, came back for her and then the dog. Wonder if it was foggy out that night?

When they called to make the reservation did they ask if there had ever been any issues about RVing at that particular site? Isn't that just common sense?

In my travels here and in other countries I figure most people are real nice and for those that don’t believe that might I suggest that you may watch way too much TV and the news. There are approximately 330 million Americas and how many bogymen do you think are out there in the middle of the woods just waiting or looking for you to physically harm? Not sure what the stats on getting hit by lightening are but they are probably somewhat similar.

In any event, you need to be prepared for anything at anytime. Some basic tactical skills, common sense and a plan works wonders As an aside, just another reason to be instantly mobile as not in a travel trailer or 5th wheel which you can't drive....lol... and always set things up with the nose of the rig facing in the right exist direction

Dan mentioned he would stay in the rig and not go outside while using the protection of the rig itself. It reminds me of the old saying that you always stay with the boat. There is some truth about that but not in every situation.

Finally, let us also not forget about what they call “click bait”... even we fell for that one

Cheers
I have heard the term travel buddy used a few times. Young and old. Pretty clear term. All you need to know is they travel together. nothing more. First time i heard it was from a same sex couple who used it to not draw to much attn, seen older couples who are clearly long time friends with benefits use it to not have to explain the situation to every other camper.

********I suggest that you may watch way too much TV and the news.*************

Please tell that to all the folks who see a crack head or rapist in every walmart parking lot and sleep with loaded handguns under the pillow.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #37

I am with the others, I do not have 15 minutes to waste on this nonsense, scary situation or not.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:18 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Did not watch but sounds like could be the script from a B or C movie.

There seems to be a whole genre of movies where people are out camping and all kinds of unspeakable things happen to them with lots of blood and occasional nudity.

Sharknado anyone?
Old 06-06-2018, 04:27 PM   #39

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am off to the doctor.
I just slashed my wrists trying to watch this!

She needs to stay off You Tube!
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #40

I was on my property camping in my trailer once and at 2:00am two quad runners came buy. They were gone before I could get the rifle.

Key here was 'once'.

Got to love the 'Stand your ground Law'. It is best to not threaten anyone, or try to scare them.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Well that was wasted minutes of my life. I found WiFi and watched a young woman spout paranoia. She was parked on rural property and heard a truck in the middle of the night. From that she surmised that there was evil outside her door. She left her travel trailer in the middle of the night out of fear and was surprised to find it exactly like she left it the next morning. She did find a pair of "dirty men's underwear", but I suspect she just didn’t see them earlier.

The only horror in this video is the bad acting and the ridiculous imagination this woman presents. If you haven’t watched it save yourself the time and bother.
Thanks for saving my time!!!!
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondocking, tow