Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomertx View Post
Given the snarkiness I'm seeing recently on IRV2 including several threads that have had to be closed by Moderators due to insulting posts it seems we have met the enemy and in large measure it is US! To paraphrase another saying "common courtesy doesn't seem to be all that common" in campgrounds or web forums. 'Tis a shame . . .
Nice to meet a fellow POGO fan!!! You are 100% right BUT we got to this point by accepting all the bullchit dished out by Idiots and NOT CALLING IT WHAT IT IS! In fact that's how this world has gotten to be the darn mess it is today! Most people are good BUT HAVE REMAINED SILENT! That's why we now need gender free bathrooms for those who aren't sure what they are. No PC for me!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2017, 08:29 PM   #58

Here is the worst story of a jug head camper I’ve heard recently. Somebody willing to place not only themselves, but others at risk….this is beyond being rude.

OK, Saturday morning my wife and a Buddy were dirt biking down Wildcat grade outside of Troy, Oregon – NE corner of the state. Wildcat is very primitive road and there are a limited number of vehicles that should really be on it. Very narrow, few places to meet and pass another vehicle – no place to turn a large vehicle around – a couple of off camber hairpin turns not made for long, low clearance vehicles…dirt and rock road – AND it was raining so it was very slick.

We meet a 35 or 38 foot motorhome – kind of a Bounder look to it. We met the MH soon after he turned onto the Wildcat, where the road is tame and flat. We stopped the guy and asked if he had been on the road before, he says no and we start trying to talk him out of going further. We explained the very real dangers – no such luck. The guy would just not take our help. He continued down the road.

We continued on the bikes for a mile or so and I pulled over and told my Buddy we had to go back to give the guy one more try to turn around before he got in way over his head. We caught up with him and he once again refused to take our advice – the guy’s wife is going nuts while we explain…..I looked the guy in the eyes and said, “I’m a 61 year old guy and I’ve learned when to keep my nose out of where it’s not supposed to be – but you are making a huge mistake here.”

We had places to go and also figured trying to help out twice was above and beyond our duty to be helpful. I hope the guy dropped a wheel into the ditch or something before he really got in trouble – or blocked the road for days when ranchers need to use it daily for their livelihood.

I’ve never experienced a person so intent on following their own plan in the face of obvious danger. Later I was very glad we went back the second time to warn him. I don't know what happened.
Oregon RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
I don't full time yet. For the last 4 years we camp about 30-40 days a year. Most of this is local.

I almost can't remember any serious infractions by my fellow campers. I realize some/most of this is my deciding to not let things bother me while I'm trying to enjoy my time away.

I do know that kindness is still often rewarded. Last year we helped a young family get their "new to them" pop up setup. They made a trip home and left garden tomatoes at our door with a kind note. All you can really control is making the campground better with you there than it was before you got there.....
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:46 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Exclamation Thread Warning

A large number of posts were removed for engaging in personal attacks...this is specifically prohibited by the Community Rules everyone accepted when joining iRV2.

This is exceptionally ironic, given this thread topic.

Thanks to all who have posted within the CR's.

Safe travels,
Steve as iRV2 Staff
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
As soon as you start to have expectations of others, that is when you become disappointed.
Love it.

As far as lights, generator noise, ect in campgrounds. There are rules posted in campgrounds, follow them. If there is no quite time then one should not be upset if a generator is running in the middle of the night. Same thing goes with campfires. Find a campground that does not permit things you do not like, otherwise deal with it.

I too am one that hates lights in my eyes at night (I installed indirect light under RV), generators running (in invested in 700 watts of solar), loud music.... For that reason I try to avoid campgrounds and look for a "True" boon docking spot where no one can park next to me, but that cannot always happen.

As far as noise, my wife and I run a 12V fan at night. Does a pretty good job at drowning out unwanted noise pollution.

Not seen this one mentioned yet. My worst nightmare camping is areas where parents move in with their kids on ATV's. Not sure why they can not find a spot away from everyone else so they can let their kids ride in circles and just dust themselves out.

The problems are only going to get worse, I think RV sales have been the highest ever, that means more campers and with the forest service closing down many roads that also leaves less options for boondocking.