Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
First time use of MH

Took out MH for the first time with our five year old grandson, just him a nd I. Everything went well, it was a Blast did some fishing, walking, oh and wrestling my mind say I am young, body says different. I am not use to all the walking a little sore. Got to dump the tanks, think the gauges need cleaning, due to having to dump twice in three days, was very conservative since we were boondocking in a state park. And the bathroom sink. Has a major leak, I am thinking it is a loose fitting. Or I am hoping that's all it is. MH has a factory installed 200 watt inverter in it for TV and etc. What a pain having to shut it off every time we were done watching DVD on the TV, is it really vital to shut it off, can't I just leave it on and shut the TV off. Cause I would not be using the inverter unless something is on. Correct. Grandson was very upset when we had to leave, and said papa we got to do this more just you me, I AM HOOKED, IT WAS AWESOME. that bathroom needs to be larger, its worse then the aircraft bathrooms, I am 6'2" 245 it is a task. If you know what I mean lmao.
workinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #2

Sounds like a good time for all...I wish I could tell you what to do with your bathroom problems but someone should come along to help you out with that...Kidding....
mat 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Not sure I want to join in but the bathroom problems resonate so I will. First of all, congrats on finding a new way to enjoy precious family time. Nothing better than than. As for plumbing, sounds like this is an older unit? I had to replace most of my faucets when I bought my rig. The RV industry doesn't really do a good job of providing quality in those areas. I used household grade taps in the bathroom sink and checked the connecting hoses and drains. You many need to look at any/all three of those.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
What model motor home do you have?
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
96 Winnebago Winnie minnie
workinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #6

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinwood View Post
....Grandson was very upset when we had to leave, and said papa we got to do this more just you me,....
Priceless!
TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Way to go. Can't wait till we can take our Grandchildren out camping for a weekend. They live in LA & we are in NC with the RV in FL. Besides the grandson is only 8 months old, I don't think the Daughter In Law would let us go just yet.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #8

Howdy,

Good to hear that you had a great time camping wit your family, Family time is the best with your own kids or grandkids just in general family time is great... Congrats on being able to have a young mind at heart but body sayd differntly well thats uslly how it works. your as old or young as you want to feel or belive... But regardless your body will always tell you differently, As for your holding tanks the fact that you had to dump twice in three days does not sound right unless you are showering and dumoping the gray tank that could be right but for the blk tank something is highly wrong so i would clean the tank and gauges to be sure as for the leak I would check all the fittings take it apart clean it well put new rings in it to be safe put back together and retighten and see what happens then... Best of luck with your coach
travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Took out MH for the first time with our five year old grandson, just him a nd I. Everything went well, it was a Blast did some fishing, walking, oh and wrestling my mind say I am young, body says different. I am not use to all the walking a little sore. Got to dump the tanks, think the gauges need cleaning, due to having to dump twice in three days, was very conservative since we were boondocking in a state park. And the bathroom sink. Has a major leak, I am thinking it is a loose fitting. Or I am hoping that's all it is. MH has a factory installed 200 watt inverter in it for TV and etc. What a pain having to shut it off every time we were done watching DVD on the TV, is it really vital to shut it off, can't I just leave it on and shut the TV off. Cause I would not be using the inverter unless something is on. Correct. Grandson was very upset when we had to leave, and said papa we got to do this more just you me, I AM HOOKED, IT WAS AWESOME. that bathroom needs to be larger, its worse then the aircraft bathrooms, I am 6'2" 245 it is a task. If you know what I mean lmao.
Your tv continues to draw power even when shut off.
Hurricane31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #10

Quote:
....MH has a factory installed 200 watt inverter in it for TV and etc. What a pain having to shut it off every time we were done watching DVD on the TV, is it really vital to shut it off, can't I just leave it on and shut the TV off. Cause I would not be using the inverter unless something is on....
The inverter will draw electricity while it is idling and eventually run down your battery unless it has some protection scheme built into it. Do you have the inverter manual or the coach owner's manual? If not, you could go on the inverter company's website and download the manual.
TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote