Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:03 PM   #1

Fresh water inlet

I recently purchased a 2017 Vengeance 25V. All 3 of my past trailers have had a gravity fill fresh water fill. This trailer has a fancy all in one panel. Great I suppose. NOT! So... When it's time to add water it's apparent I cant use my 6 gallon jugs and pour more in. I think I'm going to buy a 12v transfer pump and let it do the work. Second issue is not all dump stations have hose fittings on their rinse hose or the fresh water hose. I have seen the "water thief" product and think I can make something like that with parts and pieces, a dishwasher drain/disposal fitting and hose clamps.

Anyone else come up with solutions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_V plumbibg.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	327925  
V10 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #2

I looked up images online. There appears to be a ~4" door on the drivers side of the RV about 1/3-1/2 between fore and aft. What is behind that door?
Nwcid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by V10 man View Post
Second issue is not all dump stations have hose fittings on their rinse hose or the fresh water hose. I have seen the "water thief" product and think I can make something like that with parts and pieces, a dishwasher drain/disposal fitting and hose clamps.
The reason being that you can't trust a communal hose at a dump station water fill to be in sanitary condition. People do strange things at a dump station and fresh water fill.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #4

Get the Camco Water Bandit. It is only $11 on Amazon- https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Connect...0761732&sr=8-2

It will stretch over larger fittings and seal much better than a home made rig made out of PVC tubing that doesn't stretch well.

As noted above, don't use the water source right at the RV dump. It's hose is probably contaminated with sewage on the outside even though the water inside is probably potable. Most RV dump stations have a marked potable fresh water fill station about 50' away which should be sanitary and will be more likely to have a hose fitting on it.

David
DavidEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:49 PM   #5

The other small door is for the removable power cord.
The dump stations I know of and would be using have the fresh and non-potable water separated.
They either have just a hose with damaged or no fitting on the end or a short piece of copper/brass pipe. I'd like to be able to use the tank flush which needs a male hose fitting.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by V10 man View Post
The other small door is for the removable power cord.
The dump stations I know of and would be using have the fresh and non-potable water separated.
They either have just a hose with damaged or no fitting on the end or a short piece of copper/brass pipe. I'd like to be able to use the tank flush which needs a male hose fitting.
I'm sure you're aware that using the tank flush should only be done at the dump station; not the fresh water fill.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:04 PM   #7

Our rig does not have gravity water feed, but a 12v pump works well with a Water Bladder or Jugs. A Water Thief needs an extra hose clamp at both ends under high pressure. Some faucets are threaded on the inside, pipe nipples to a hose thread works well. A dishwasher to garbage disposal connector will work fine on low pressure only. It is designed for low pressure. The sidewalls on a water thief are thicker than the gd connector.

I have never figured out why government parks use non-threaded faucets, knowing people will figure out a method for getting water. I've seen a lot of water wasted in the process.
Old 06-02-2021, 06:31 PM   #8

We went on our first trip for 6 days. I was able to use a Harbor Freight transfer pump with no issues to add water from 6 gallon jugs. Still doesn't solve the issue of how to fill the tank at a fill station with no hose fitting. So having time to kill in the cool pines, lol, I took the inspection cover off the lower vanity inside and was able to see how this all in one panel is plumbed. There is an half inch line going to the fill valve and an inch and a quarter hose going to the "vent". Seems exactly opposite of a gravity fill port. BINGO! I know what to do now. There's plenty of room to add a fill port on the outside/inside vanity so I'm going to disconnect the water lines and swap them to a fill port. I will have to plug the fill line from the switching valve (city/fill) so if and when I'm using city connection I don't inadvertently flood the trailer.

Tags
fresh water, water