Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2019, 06:37 AM   #1

ICECO VL45 12V refrigerator/freezer review

My review of the ICECO VL45 refrigerator freezer is up on my web site with lots of pictures and initial testing. Hope you like it!

ICECO VL45 Portable Refrigerator/Freezer Review | RVB Precision
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #2

I used an Engel freezer for about 10 years with my 5x8 cargo trailer. It worked great combined with a cooler. I would freeze water bottles each day in the Engel and also keep the meat frozen for consumption several days later. The thawing water bottles would keep the large cooler cold enough for stuff consumed for the next few days. There was no melt water in the cooler which was also great. I was able to stay out 8 days with the Engel and a large Yeti cooler without doing a resupply of food.

I now have a built in fridge/freezer in my Artic Fox 22G. I only bring the Engel if we are staying out for 8 plus days without resupply. I keep the Engel in the back of my truck under the Leer cap.

I learned an early lesson about voltage drop with my Engel. I was using a smaller gauge wire extension to connect to the trailers pair of Trojan T105 batteries. With the voltage drop the performance suffered. I upgrade the wire going to the 12 volt port of for the Engel freezer and it worked great after that.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:47 AM   #3

Great info and review. Ironically, I jumped on Amazon and as of just now, it's still $375.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #4

Good news that the price is back down.....

Love the idea of using this unit as a freezer and freezing water bottles to be used in a cooler...Brilliant!

My travel trailer toy hauler has a great propane electric refrigerator. This unit is to be used when I leave the trailer behind and off-road with my roof top tent.

Should be fun and better with cold beer!

Tags
refrigerator