Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2023, 05:14 PM   #1

Lake Roosevelt boondocking

I don't think many people want to boondock in southern Arizona during the summer, but just in case anyone planned to stay at Lake Roosevelt I wanted to let them know that we had so much rain this year that Lake Roosevelt is completely full (100+% according to the stats) and all of the boondocking locations are now under water. Bermuda Flats, which was the popular camping location, is completely closed and the water level is up to the entrance building.

We saw some campers on the other side of AZ 188, although the Lake Roosevelt office said that all of the dispersed camping sites on the western side of Lake Roosevelt were closed so I don't know that they were camping legally. The office said that there were some open areas on the east side of the Lake but we did not go there to look so I can not verify that they are open and usable.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2023, 05:51 PM   #2

It is as full as can be. There are no spots av available in the Tonto Basin parks and Lazy JR is pretty dumpy. I tried after my wife died last year and still nothing. I think I will sell my biz and buy a lot in TB and keep my 2021 Alliance Pardigm 340rl there. I could put in a second pad and canopy and rent out the space so not sure yet.
Gleninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 07:04 AM   #3

Thanks for the info, I have not been to Rosevelt lake in decades. Isn't it a little hot in the summer?
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 07:49 AM   #4

It's just a little cooler than the valley. I might have to put a mini split in it even with three AC units.
Gleninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:15 PM   #5

Are Cholla and Windy Hill under water?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 08:18 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
I don't think many people want to boondock in southern Arizona during the summer, but just in case anyone planned to stay at Lake Roosevelt I wanted to let them know that we had so much rain this year that Lake Roosevelt is completely full (100+% according to the stats) and all of the boondocking locations are now under water. .....

Sorry about the sites but thrilled that the lake is full!!!
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 06:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
Sorry about the sites but thrilled that the lake is full!!!
Absolutely.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 08:25 AM   #8

also be aware that tonto national forest is starting to implement fire restrictions. there have bee a couple of brush fires along hwy 87 in the past couple of weeks.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondock, boondocking