Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #15

I am in discussions with the owner of Bogart on this topic. I did find out that the value sol found in the same menu as AHr in the tm2030 is true solar panel or input amperage. Press and hold select till you see Ahr then lift and then you can scroll through to find sol.
elkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #16

no AC charge ability now

I maybe wasn't clear in my first post about the fact that I dont have on board AC input charger. My Kasai Abso 1000 watt inverter-Charger IC121040. The 40 is max charge Amps seems to have lost its converter side of things. It was just out of 1 year warranty. I contacted the distributor and I was offered to buy another one for about 300 USD. This may offer may have been 80-100 $ off of retail but only 20$ under Amazon. They didn't want my old unit back so I would have a 1000W inverter sine wave to sell. I declined because I am not the only person to have this failure. I'm of the mind that unless they tell me they have done a Revision to some electronics that this would happen again. OF course if they admit that they have done a revision then they would really hurt the value of the stock out there. Plus maybe people woiuld all be wanting a free replacement... I only know of two of us smucks who post on IRV2 who bought one.
just keep the inverter and to buy an upgrade charger unit that fits into my old RV converter box that is now gutted. I think its about 300$ and is supposed to be a nice 4 stage charger.
One idea is to buy a Magnum 800$ inverter charger. IT may not be sinewave but I am sure it would be ok.

For now I figured I would just let the sun charge.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you are going to depend on the sun to charge, spend any of the money you would have spent on a converter/charger and get another solar panel to double your charge rate. You'll be much better off than you are now.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #18

I did prewire it for another panel..

I did size the wire run off the roof for two panels.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #19

People seem to think that boiling batteries means a bad charger. That is not always the case. Bad batteries will boil with a good charger. Are you sure your battery is good. You said you had a bad charger, maybe that damaged the battery.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Batteries need to bubble. It mixes the electrolyte. The charge amperage high enough to do this is necessary. Charge amperage = total battery stairs capacity / 10 at a minimum.

Bubbling is not boiling.

Tags
battery