Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #29

When we used to tent it I used a 150w MSW inverter and an Optima blue top battery. That setup lasted the weekends we camped. I just charged the battery when we got home.

I've had three different machines running off that inverter. None of them drew much power.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #30

I can run the TV VCR and a Cpap on the house battery? I have a 1990 Pace Arrow and the TV will not come on unless I have it on shore power or gen? Do I not have it hooked up right?
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #31

Homeless,

Your post as written doesn't make any sense. Did you mean to write "Can I" and not "I can"?

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #32

TV will not run on battery power

There is what I think is an inverter over head in the front of my 1990 Pace Arrow. I use to think it was my only inverter. But now I found a larger one under the Fridge. Is the one over head next to the tv and VCR designed to run TV and VCR? If not what is it used for??
Old 03-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Struggling to understand your question. Pacearrow was equipped originally with a "converter" installed under the refrigerator as on my Southwind. converter takes in 120 AC from the pedestal and converts it to 12 volt DC for batteries and internal use of 12 v DC stuff like lights. If you have an inverter, changes 12 v DC to 120 v AC, in the overhead compartments above the windshield, it was installed by you or prior owner. In that location it is mean for the tv and vcr (real antique) and probably nothing else.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #34

Over Head Inverter?

I understand real antique. The TV and VCR are 110 units. Does the inverter imply that they would or should run on 12 volt when this antique is on? The over head inverter is an add on? I can turn it off or take it out it only is for the TV and VCR?
Old 03-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
I understand real antique. The TV and VCR are 110 units. Does the inverter imply that they would or should run on 12 volt when this antique is on? The over head inverter is an add on? I can turn it off or take it out it only is for the TV and VCR?
The inverter in the overhead must be getting 12v DC from someplace. It will change that to 120 v AC to operate the TV and VCR when turned on. However, the vcr or tv may not like the type of 120 v AC it gets from your inverter. Many 120 v AC units need full or true sine wave 120 v AC. Most inexpensive inverters deliver some variant that is not not true sine wave. My printer, for example will not operate with my inverter, but most other things do.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
Old 03-26-2012, 04:07 AM   #36

The owner before me had no idea what the inverter was at all. So assuming it was owner before him. The TV and VCR must of run on this unit at some paint, assuming that they are original equitment. My question is the respectable in the box with the inverter is what the inverter powers? I should be able to plug in other 110 items and they might work if it is working? The only thing that is working in that area now is the light on the inverter. If there is no receptacle on the inverter itself it makes since the coach receptacle is what it would be working??
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have thoroughly hijacked this thread and are way off topic. I am not sure I understand what you are asking and it sounds like you need a knowledgeable person to look at your equipment and see what if anything can be done to make it work.

I am out of here!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I have the REMstarPro M series. It is designed for 12v at 4.18 amps. So any AC plug I plug in has to convert down to 12v and be capable of at least 4.18 amps.

Any concern I would have is maintaining the 12v battery to provide 4.18 amps. How many amp hours would one need from a battery system assuming 4.5 amp draw?

Just an exercise for mathematical portion of the brain.
Something people need to be aware of is dividing your house battery total AMPs by the draw only provides he total number of hours the appliance can run when the lead acid battery (and I believe glass mats too) is maintained at around 77 degrees. The resistance within the battery increases as the battery's temp goes down. At 0 degrees F it will supply about half of its rated value AMPs. I've heard that discharge at lower temps does prolong the cycle count (or recharges), but I personally can't attest to that.

Conversely, batteries being discharged at as little as 15 degrees F over their optimum temperature have their number of cycles cut in half; and, half again for each 15 degrees above that.

Another point to remember, if people want the best value out of deep cells, don't ever let the state of charge drop down below 20%, or 11.7 V. Better yet, don't go below 50%, which is 12.1V, before recharging to get max cycles.
Rubix cube is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter