Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
: thumb:
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
X2.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2014, 04:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 View Post
all the BLM will do with that money is close off more trails, and convert the rest of their workforce into cops. The work trucks will give way to SUVs with light bars and shotguns....

I live in the middle of all that. Screw the BLM. We don't need 'em, and all that land needs to revert to state control.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:05 AM   #17
Community Moderator

Contact your congressmen and tell them in an email to vote against this proposed bill.

I already emailed my Florida Senator.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #18

like some have said .. i am ok with a small fee

just like SSI ups the cost of living ... we need to be open as

what most of you cry about paying all your life is when gas was 1$ a gallon and it did not cost as much to make a road

how we have some many kids trashing every thing and doing things they should not do i would be happy if there was a SUV with a cope to help look over this lovely land

i would be happy if a new road here or there could be open up for RVs that did not have to be a 4X4 just to get there

we can no longer hold this 7% every year
Old 09-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #19

Some interesting attitudes expressed here. most along the lines of 'I pay my taxes and demand the right to use the facilities for free because I paid for it"
A couple of others see it differently and say why should all people pay for a facility that they can't possibly use so a relatively privileged minority can use it for free.

The buzz-phrase is "user pays". Get used to it.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #20
Community Moderator

Proposed Fees for BLM campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
The buzz-phrase is "user pays". Get used to it.

Carefull.....then why should I pay taxes for public schools when I don't have any children?
Etc,etc,etc

General aviation wouldn't survive if every small plane had to pay its actual cost to use the airport.....it is subsidized by the Federal Government because even if you don't own a small plane, everybody benefits in other ways.

I pay my taxes into the governments general fund and they disperse it.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just hope when I retire in a few years (16' ?) I can use some of the BLM lands out west. I have been RVing from a time were my local state park campground was $4 - $5 a night back in the late 80's, now the same park is at $28-$30 per night.

Granted BLM lands are just that, bare basic parking...

I can see a very nominal yearly fee like $25 or $5 per night.

Are there and BLM lands in the Northeast? ( OH., PA., VT. NH.)
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Old 09-16-2014, 04:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
like some have said .. i am ok with a small fee

just like SSI ups the cost of living ... we need to be open as

what most of you cry about paying all your life is when gas was 1$ a gallon and it did not cost as much to make a road

how we have some many kids trashing every thing and doing things they should not do i would be happy if there was a SUV with a cope to help look over this lovely land

i would be happy if a new road here or there could be open up for RVs that did not have to be a 4X4 just to get there

we can no longer hold this 7% every year
What makes you think number one the fee would be small and number two it would go for just the parks.
Furthermore, every time they make a new cop or install a new camera you give up a little more of your freedom. Making you feel safer at the sacrifice of more of our freedom is a non starter for me.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #23

Those of you who want to donate, do so. I love our free lands. You and I paid a lot over the years and if you want to pay more, do it. Why would we need to have more cops on the lands? Have you been disturbed when there? I feared more from stepping on a rattlesnake than a human encounter of the bad kind. If you need a potty on the land, go to a public camp ground. Let's have our free lands remain free for all as it is.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #24

We all know how well anonymous donations work, especially when nobody is looking.

As far as BLM becoming a police state, I've been backpacking in the Sierra's for over 35 years. I pay a fee (2 to $5)to reserve my spot on a trailhead as well as an entrance fee to National Parks (Yosemite, Kings Canyon = $20).

I didn't even see a ranger this year for the week I was out. Neither fee has went up in a long time, but like milk and gas of course it will go up eventually. BLM is not National Park or National Forest, but of the three BLM has always been the most lax so I find it hard to understand the paranoia.

I also pay a fee to use county and state parks, and those lands seem function. Although, in CA when they want to focus attention on budget deficits the State threatens to shut down lesser used parks.

I'm NOT saying I like to pay for things, I'd prefer they be free! But, I will acknowledge the need for a rational discusion on cost/benefit.

FYI, regarding "let someone else pay" or "let someone else take care of it" something to Google and read up on:
The tragedy of the commons is a dilemma arising from the situation in which multiple individuals, acting independently and rationally consulting their own self-interest, will ultimately deplete a shared limited resource even when it is clear that it is not in anyone's long-term interest for this to happen. This dilemma was first described in an influential article titled "The Tragedy of the Commons," written by Garrett Hardin and first published in the journal Science in 1968.[1]

I'm not sure how fair or true this article is, but at least it provides some history on use fees.
http://reason.org/files/0b6c6302bfcc...debec8b63a.pdf
Old 11-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #25

I live here in The Outer Banks in NC. The Fed has taken control of the National Seashore and added very high fee for access and restricted load of the land. Only a dummy would give any more control or money to the federal government. Keep BLM land out of the mismanagement of the US government.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
(Mod Edit) This is our land to begin with so if you feel the need to send them money, please do....but don't include me, ok?
Old 11-06-2014, 04:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak1 View Post
This is our land to begin with so if you feel the need to send them money, please do....but don't include me, ok?
Old 11-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn_Dave View Post

X2 !!!!
Closed Thread