Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Quartzsite 2014

Quartzsite 2014.

I'm planning to attend Quartzsite 2014 for the first time this year. Newer RVer's and first timers always need help learning the ropes!

I was wondering if IRV2 or an IRV2 group such as Solo RVer's, or Winnebago IRV2 will be going and get together at Quartzsite this year?

If a group is going to get together, where are they getting together at? ie. Lat/Long or driving directions and when?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quartzsite 2014

Well, let me put this question on this forum page and see if I get a response!

Quartzsite 2014.

I'm planning to attend Quartzsite 2014 for the first time this year. Newer RVer's and first timers always need help learning the ropes!

I was wondering if IRV2 or an IRV2 group such as Solo RVer's, or Winnebago IRV2 will be going and get together at Quartzsite this year?

If a group is going to get together, where are they getting together at? ie. Lat/Long or driving directions and when?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
IRV2 usually gets together at La Posa South LTVA on west side, WIT 365 on Plamosa Road.

Quartzsite BLM Map

There will be more information available later in the year. Most of the activity and get togethers are during January before, during and after the RV Show in the Big Tent.

Quartzite RV Show
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #4

If you are a boondocker and like lots of people in one area that is only 12% of the entire county but has 250,000 people.....you will like it.....however, check out eastern AZ if you want space, peace and real boondocking....
Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #5

I've been going for many years and the desert is so big you don't have to drive very far to occupy your space away from anybody if you choose. I enjoy the RV Show and SellaRama . Maybe it's not for everybody but I've never drove away saying " That's enough for me ! "
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:12 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Yeah, 20,000 RV's on 2 million acres leaves a lot of room between RV's.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #7

I parked 1/2 mile south of the big sale tent on RV sales week in Jan 2013. I met some nice folks and we had lots of room. Further south a south poso it is wide open spaces.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #8

Amateur radio ops park about 9 miles south on west side. You can tell by all the antennas. They call it Quartzfest2014. It starts Jan 19th. Thousands of hams.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #9

Does anyone know how this affects people who want to boondock on BLM lands with the shutdown.
shabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #10

I really don't think it would . I've camped/played for 35 years in the deserts of California . Sure Q-site has the LTVA's but there is still miles and miles and miles of open desert .
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc8cappie View Post
Well, let me put this question on this forum page and see if I get a response!

Quartzsite 2014.

I have seen Posts in the Past by groups that camp together by Brand of RV. I saw Posts for Last January from a group of Monaco owners/ and we were going to meet up with a group of Tiffin owners but had to Turn back because we had a Hard Freeze in So Arizona the night before we left and we had water lines break. I have not seen any posts yet for the Tiffin Group so i am not sure if they will be there this January.
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #12

Tiffin group will be there. Info at tiffinrvnetwork.com
Old 10-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our first time too. Looking forward to some off-roading too. THIS is what I got into fulltiming for most. Boondocking in the desert!!

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #14

For those RVers not familiar with the west. You can pull off into the desert just about any place. Mostly hard packed soil. Just be careful of loose soil and stay away from dry washes that could get flooded during a rain storm. About a half mile north of Q on hwy 95, east side, there is a dump, and fresh water fill up. Fee basically depends on size of rv.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite