Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2019, 07:55 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
RVers should go to the Big Tent during the RV show once, just so say they did it. Once is generally enough for us! There are other do though, especially if you have a capable vehicle (pickup or high clearance vehicle). There are some great back country roads and quite a bit of mining history in the area. Rock hunting is a big activity, and the Colorado is near. Make sure you visit the Desert Bar, open only weekends, completely off grid, and at the end of a rough road. The garlic fries are incredible! Once the crowds leave after the rock show and the RV show, the desert goes back to its own quiet self. People either “get” the desert or the don’t. If you “get” it, you will be back. If not, we’ll you can say you tried. Oh, and cell service improves tremendously after the RV show.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2019, 08:26 PM   #16

I'm glad you decided to check Quartzsite out. We've gone there for the past 5 years and have always had fun. We only stay 5-6 days and usually go the first week the RV show opens which I bet is the busiest time of the year. We've never had a problem finding a spot in the 14 day sites and you can choose to be somewhat near people or to be off by yourself. We've always met some great neighbors and have enjoyed the camaraderie. It's also a sight to see all the thousands of RV parked throughout the area.

The big RV tent is ok and something to do. You can also check out all the RVs for sale near the big tent and along the main highway at the temporary dealerships. We especially enjoy the swap meets that are going on that week. Taking long leisurely walks in the desert and the beautiful sunsets are a plus too.

There is a LOT of traffic along the main street and near the RV tent but it's not that horrible. The people in town are friendly and there is a nice vibe to the place. Have fun!
Suru11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
We stayed in the free area just west of town and just south of I10. We were there for two weeks in earlier March. Weather was perfect every day. We had great cell service and streamed Netflix and Amazon. The restaurants in town aren’t much to speak of and the grocery stores are limited. The stars at night are amazing.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K5LXP View Post
It's got to be the group gatherings, because there's not much in Quartzsite to write home about and nothing but dirt and saguaros out in the open space. The rally is what drew me out there and I was pretty disappointed. Less about RV's and more about hucksters shilling geegaws and trinkets. I think the primary draw to stay there is it's free, and your tanks won't freeze. I guess there's enough folks drawn to that the camaraderie happens with it. I think if you go there with the idea it will be a neat place to visit you'll be disappointed. I know if it weren't for the group I was staying with I would've considered it a huge waste of a trip. But I'm not full time and need to make my vacation time count, so I would put it pretty low on my places to go as a destination. Maybe I missed out on something remarkable there but it must be a pretty well kept secret.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Elephant butte here alb is miserable lol. Quartzite is like a Sturgis rally of RVs it happens once a year for two weeks. There are a million people of all races and status money has no meaning there all there for the rally, some very high end Rvs that only see boondocking once a year . I would say yo missed something with Quartzsite experience. It’s nice to have side by side or Harley to get around
Roadglide54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite