Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question Stopover in Kentucky along I-75?

We'll be heading south from Michigan down I-75 to Florida in a little over 4 weeks. Can anyone recommend two or three options from mid-Kentucky to southern Kentucky that are right off I-75 - easy in, easy out? We'll be pulling a 14' enclosed trailer with our 40' diesel, and our daughter and son-in-law will be pulling a jeep, so we'd love someplace that we can maneuver easily about 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. when we're tired. We just want to catch two or three hours of sleep before hitting the road again, but we need someplace safe. Thank you!!
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
For the half way mark, exits 108, 110 & 113 have Wal-Marts. I also know there's a rest area at 127, but at the time you'll be getting there, it'll probably already be full up.

Farther south, exit 29 has Wal-Mart, Cracker Barrel, Loves & Pilot.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2RV View Post
We'll be heading south from Michigan down I-75 to Florida in a little over 4 weeks. Can anyone recommend two or three options from mid-Kentucky to southern Kentucky that are right off I-75 - easy in, easy out? We'll be pulling a 14' enclosed trailer with our 40' diesel, and our daughter and son-in-law will be pulling a jeep, so we'd love someplace that we can maneuver easily about 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. when we're tired. We just want to catch two or three hours of sleep before hitting the road again, but we need someplace safe. Thank you!!
check this free website for walmarts that allow or do not allow overnight parking. always check with store security or management about where to park. wallyworlds usually have a place for breakfast inside as well as an rv section. i always thank management in the morning before leaving. this website is updated by the users by sending allstays an email.

Walmart Store Locations Map - Wal-Mart Guide
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
.......Born2RV, I wish you well on your trip, and I know very well how much it helps just to get a few hours of sleep on long trips. I just read another post from a new member checking in, and he lives just over the KY.line in Tenn, right off of I-75. I figured he would be the best for your info. I told him to check out your post and give you a shout, hope that's ok with you, just trying to help a fellow member. Here is his post,

Moving from 5er to 2004 Revolution

wish you a safe trip, and let us hear from you. Travel safe & good luck.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
we left mich bay city area drove 575 miles don't no ext number stayed at the brown derby truck stop.for over night stay was good
safe travels bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #6

Where can we stay overnight off of I-75? Leaving Ohio Oct13th.need pull threw have 35 foot and car.Thank you for yuor help bob shelia carter.
bufy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If you're asking where in KY, see my post #2. If another state, let us know which one.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Do NOT stop at the Walmart in London, KY.
We have had a good experience at the Walmart at Lenoir City just south of Knoxville. We live near Ann Arbor and that's easy to get to in one day.
Perry, GA Twin Oaks campground is very nice if you want hook-ups and a place to organize before heading on into FL Twin Oaks RV park I-75 Perry, Elko, Georgia, Florida We stopped there when we left FL just to get out of FL and a leg up on our trip home last year and were really happy with that. I'd definately stay there again.
We'll be heading out around the 15th. Everyone have a safe trip down.
Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We have traveled from central mich to Fl for 6-7 years, never using a CG enroute. I-75 is loaded with Loves, Pilot/FlyingJ, T/A truck stops, ect and we've used them all, including a few rest areas. Never had a problem with our 50ft setup.

We now use Pilot/FJ exclusively after joining their discount club. We use their app to decide which one to stay at depending on our needs. A word of caution we soon learned....

Looking for an overnight stop at 2am could be difficult. We now leave early 7am or so and stop no later than 6pm. We don't use Walmart, but I can't imagine having that problem there.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #10

I live in Corbin Ky. exit 29. The Wallmart is rv friendly and easy access. Turn left off I75 about 1 mile on lt.
kyrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will second the Wal-Mart in Corbin, IN fact it is slightly possible I might be there (Well in about 3-4 weeks, not sure just when) as either that or the nearby Moose Lodge is where I"ll spend a night. (Depends on weather and gas tank).

While in Corbin heat south a bit from the wal-mart and visit the KFC.

There is also a wall mart west of London (An exit or two north)

I have stayed at a Federal Forest Service campground (Blue Heron) it's quite a way off I-75 and some "Interesting" roads getting there (Narrow and twisty).

I can't suggest any places farther north as we will stop in Wilmington OH for a week or two and head south from there.. Thus Corbin is the end of Day 1.

I will say there are LOTS of places to stop along I-75 though
Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrvr
I live in Corbin Ky. exit 29. The Wallmart is rv friendly and easy access. Turn left off I75 about 1 mile on lt.
I like Corbin also. Cracker Barrel is on the right at the southbound exit 29
John and Cicie
Summitb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #13

is there any rv camp ground off i-75 in richmond or lexington ky for one night at a reasonable price?
bufy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #14

I have not stayed there, Kentucky Horse Park, but a friend did and they liked it. I-75 exit 120 just north of Lexington.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote