Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Workhorse Chassis Motorhome Club (WCMC)
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
WCMC Rally East - Amish Adventures

Amish Country Bids You Welcome to the Eastern Club Rally

By Mike Pelchat, Vice President Rallies East

The Evergreen Park and RV Resort is located in Wayne County, Dundee, OH which is located in the center of one of the largest Amish communities in the United States. Approaching the campground one will see horse drawn buggies and farms that appear to be locked in antiquity. The Amish people that live in this area are warm, friendly and are waiting to meet you. The many dozens of local area attractions, stores and quaint shops offer one of a kind shopping opportunities to buy and come home with that special something that you’ve always wanted. One of my favorite things to do is shop in the Amish grocery stores where one will find churned butter, shoo fly pie and other amazing confections and pastries that are only available in these heritage areas. Spread over the 3 adjoining counties, this area is reported to have approximately 700 wood working shops.

Evergreen Park and RV Resort has been described by many as beautiful and extremely well maintained. This campground is on a short list of TL 10-10-10 rated campgrounds in the country. The back-in sites are very well manicured and feature full hookups and free Wi-Fi. Reportedly, the hook-ups are ideally located right where you need them to be. Pets are welcome at Evergreen and most unusual is the state of the art dog-wash facility that is available. The Laundromat is stated to be the one of the very best in any campground and it’s clean as a whistle. The huge indoor pool and spa welcome the traveler and there are many other activities in the campground for persons of all ages. A fully stocked camp store will provide most all necessary items and unique Evergreen souvenirs. The entertainment arcade is well appointed with several games and activities for those youngsters and those simply young at heart.

In the vicinity of Dundee is Canton, Ohio. Canton is the home of the National Football League Hall of Fame. Please note the dozens of attractions and destinations on the Evergreen campground’s website. The friendly and courteous office staff at Evergreen has a full complement of area attraction brochures. They will offer you recommendations based on experience so that you can maximize the use of your time and enjoy your visit. All one would need do is to is tell them what you would you would like to do and they may either help you book your event or they will direct you toward your destination.

As in the past, Workhorse will provide us with their support by providing us with a seminar session and we should again have Alan Stegich to take us through our ownership questions. We also expect that a number of seminars will be made available to us from the vendors that will be supporting the rally. A full featured week of camaraderie, fun and excitement will be provided for us and we are again thankful for the opportunity to come together with our fellow club members.

We especially want to thank Lou Renda and Jeff Kerr for taking on the task of host and putting this event together for us. The amount of work to make this event happen is extraordinary and we all certainly do appreciate it. As the rally will be held in mid-summer, this would be a good opportunity to score BIG points with your kids or grandkids. For those who may want to attend with their family member and may be lacking the space, there are camping cabins and a full featured inn.

The Workhorse Club Rally East is scheduled for August 1 to August 5, 2011. Reservations are being accepted until July 1st. More details will follow over the next few months. Applications will be going out at the conclusion of Club’s Western Rally. Please make plans to attend the Workhorse Chassis Motorhome Club Eastern Rally. I’m sure that it’s going to be an event that will long be remembered. I’m looking forward to seeing you in Dundee, Ohio really soon!

Evergreen Park RV Resort
16359 Dover Road
Dundee, OH 44624
Local Phone: 330-359-2787
Toll Free: 888-359-6429
Email: evergreenpark@wifi7.com
http://www.evergreenrv.cc/
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Welcome WH Rally attendees to NE OH. Evergreen is a great campground with wonderful ammenities. Our regional group hosted the 2009 iRV2.com National Rally there. Your attendees will certainly enjoy it & with it being so close to the OH Amish community as well as the Akron/Canton area, there is plenty to do & see.

For those attending, please see my photos HERE of the campground. And if anyone has any questions about the area (what to see, where to eat), I offer my assistance.

Lori-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
For those attending, please see my photos HERE of the campground. And if anyone has any questions about the area (what to see, where to eat), I offer my assistance.
Lori, thank you so very much for making those photos available!

We'll be making more photos of this quality when we get to go to Bethpage!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
UPDATE:

We will be attending the rally in Dundee, OH. I am looking forward to seeing you there. So far it looks like upward of 35 rigs will be there. It looks to be a fun time and I am anxious to go.

I can't wait to go and visit all of those Amish wrought iron hinge shops!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
...I can't wait to go and visit all of those Amish wrought iron hinge shops!
Don't forget the local fudge, cheese, breads, sausage, broasted chicken, pies, sweet rolls...oh & did I mention fudge??

For you who like/collect the Longaberger brand baskets, local Amish have a shed at the CG & weave their own baskets. Same quality as Longaberger but at less than half the price. I bought several from Mattie when she was there for our 2009 iRV2.com National Rally &, side-by-side you can't tell the difference between hers & a Longaberger, IMO.

You'll all have a great time in a beautiful part of Ohio.

Lori-
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
FYI, for those of you attending, although the address is listed as Dundee, Evergreen is actually just 1/4 mile east of Mt. Eaton, right on Rt-250. Some GPS's might try to route into downtown Dundee. Dundee is about 12 miles SE of Evergreen.

You all have a great time!

Lori-