Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Workhorse Chassis Motorhome Club (WCMC)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2006, 06:55 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't mean to be critical but.....

When I bought my retirement RV, #9 in a list of many, 2002 Winnebago Chieftain 39T, I hear about, and came to, this website, iRV2.com, and found a forum related to my coach, and was very excited finding a forum, AND a club, for my chassis! I then proceeded to join the Workhorse Club, and haven't heard anything since.
I go on the "Club" website and find various selections but find the latest, "Club Press Releases" dated 11/04, I find the latest Newsletters dated 9/05, and a future event that was yesterday (couldn't make it anyway), and there is no list of member.
Did someone drop the ball in maintaining the site?
I met a couple at the Pomona, Ca. RV Show a few weeks ago and they told me there was to be a Workhorse Rally early next year and I was pretty excited about going, as were they, BUT, I have not seen a thing on your "Club" site about it.
What gives??

Just curious, I thought being part of this group would be fun and educational but....

Thanks for the chance to vent.

David
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2006, 08:25 AM   #2

Quote:
I then proceeded to join the Workhorse Club, and haven't heard anything since.
I go on the "Club" website and find various selections but find the latest, "Club Press Releases" dated 11/04, I find the latest Newsletters dated 9/05, and a future event that was yesterday (couldn't make it anyway), and there is no list of member.
Did someone drop the ball in maintaining the site?
I met a couple at the Pomona, Ca. RV Show a few weeks ago and they told me there was to be a Workhorse Rally early next year and I was pretty excited about going, as were they, BUT, I have not seen a thing on your "Club" site about it.
What gives??

Just curious, I thought being part of this group would be fun and educational but....

Thanks for the chance to vent.

David
David: THANKS for your comments and questions, yes venting is allowed here . Since I am your newly elected President of the WCMC, I hope to answer your concerns, in the order you used above.

You stated "I joined...and haven't heard anything since." Shortly after mailing in your dues and initiation fee you should have received your club credentials, lanyards, and a member directory. IF this did not happen, please send me a PM or email to edgray1@cmaaccess.com with your current contact info. The club records show you to be a current member, and as such you should have received the latest NEWSLETTER we mailed mid-September 2006. It was sent to your National City, Ca. address. Again, please let me know if you did not get it, because it has not been returned as undeliverable.

As for your comments about the club's website, I'm afraid I have to agree with you. It is rather "dated" and contains many pages that are in the process of being updated. Our club's site resides on the Workhorse server, and is provided to the club at no charge by Workhorse. We are greatful for their support. Unfortunatly, updates and new content have to be added to it by the "IT" folks at WCC, and they have been exceptionally busy recently due to the introduction of the new UFO chassis. It isn't really a dropped ball, just a "rain delay" caused by "aliens" I'm hoping you'll soon see some major improvements to many of the features at WWW.WCMC.WORKHORSE.COM. Please check back there in a few weeks!

I'm glad to hear you already heard about the club's WEST COAST RALLY to be held in March 2007. The rally masters, Dan and Susan Moynahan, have been working diligently to finialize the arrangements and we are almost ready to make the formal announcement with all the details. Rest assurred ALL members will be receiving the info and an application/registration form, and we hope to attract members from everywhere. This rally "out west" was specifically requested at the Union City, In. rally this past June. Previously the club's western-most rally was in Tucson. In addition to mailing the rally announcement, you will be able to see it here in the club's forum on iRV2.com (also provided to the club free of charge) and hopefully the club website as well. It will also be promoted in the next NEWSLETTER due out in December. Please watch for these announcements and I hope to meet you there! ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Ed for the quick reply. Response and explanation accepted, I can personally understand some of the delays.
As for the member items, I never did receive any of the items you mentioned. Reason unknown. I will PM you with my address.
Hopefully the Workhorse rally will be scheduled so I may attend. Would really like to attend.

Until next time,

Thanks,
David
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:22 PM   #4

Quote:
I never did receive any of the items you mentioned. Reason unknown
David: I got your PM, and have mailed you a copy of the Sept. 06 newsletter. Also, the club secretary, LeAnna Reed, has sent you the membership "Welcome Kit" you did not recieve when you first joined. We look forward to your participation at the upcoming West Coast Rally in March 2007-details to follow! ED
Old 11-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Ed, got everything , real nice newsletter.
I'm gonna try real hard to attend the West coast Workhorse rally.
Looking forward to all the info about it.

Again,
thanks,
David
Old 11-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #6

When and where is the upcoming Workhorse Custom Chassis west coast rally? Thank you!
JB Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #7

JB Driver: The West Coast Rally is to be held in Hemet, Ca. March 21-25, 2007. The formal announcement with much more detail is almost ready for publication. Please check back here, and at the club website, for additional info soon. ALL members of WCMC will be mailed an invitation and registration seperate from the next newsletter, which will also have information about the rally. The newsletter should go out early in December.

From what I've been told it should be a spectacular event with professional entertainment, catered meals, seminars, and support from Workhorse Corporate personell. Did I mention there might be some door prizes, too! ED