Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #1

Agent Orange Claim

Just received my AO claim/entitlement in the mail this week. My monthly entitlement it says is 10% a month. I was hoping for at least 30% for my ischemic heart problem.
It says I can file a Disagreement letter with more medical information. This is not a Appeal. I don't think that I want to Appeal.
What is your take on this Vietnam Vets???

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #2

My lungs are terrible & the VA awarded me 60% with not much data. MY AFSC might have something to do with it & my association with C-130's which hauled a lot of the stuff.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For heaven's sake, get a hold of a "Service Rep" from some organizations like VVA, VFW, DVA and refile. I started with a 60%, and a year ago got an upgrade backdated to the start on the heart disease issue and ultimately ended up with a 70%. Always remember that like SS, The VA has the policy that if you put them off long enough, they die and nobody gets paid. You must be proactive in your fight.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Stano, get in touch with with the nearest Disabled American Veterans office Monday morning as soon as you can. Take all the paperwork with you and let them handle your case from now on. They will take care of everything that needs to be done.

Jerry
Old 06-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I filed a claim in June 2012 for my Tongue Cancer. All the documents that they wanted were sent, and I have yet to here back whether or not I've been approved. You guys have prompted me to at least write a follow up letter. How long does it usually take to hear something?

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like it was said before, turn it over to a orginazition like the DAV, VFW, with all of your info. Also apply for disability compensation. If and when you get this you are esentially 100% disabled and get the same benifit as !00% get. You must be proactive. If you don't they win.
Bill
Old 06-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Like it was said before, turn it over to a orginazition like the DAV, VFW, with all of your info. Also apply for disability compensation. If and when you get this you are esentially 100% disabled and get the same benifit as !00% get. You must be proactive. If you don't they win.
Bill
Thanks everyone,
I was represented through the Marine Corps League Veterans Service Office. They have a office at our local VA office here where I live here in Michigan. I guess I better get on the phone Monday!

Stano
Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Stano,

Here is a list of presumptive diseases associated with AO. Your ischemic heart problem is listed. You need to tell them about any other maladies you have. High blood pressure, PTSD, and anything else. They will determine the association with you and AO. Did you have a interview with the service representative?

Presumptive AO Diseases
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The VA is in the AO/PTSD mode. If you have ANYTHING wrong with you, the VA will diagnose it as one of the two.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Stano,

Here is a list of presumptive diseases associated with AO. Your ischemic heart problem is listed. You need to tell them about any other maladies you have. High blood pressure, PTSD, and anything else. They will determine the association with you and AO. Did you have a interview with the service representative?

Presumptive AO Diseases
Yes I did have a interview after I received my AO 10% compensation letter as stated above. She said I should take the 10% and be happy! in so many words!

Stano
Old 06-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #11

My neighbor gets 40% because a guy fell on him inside the airplane. The S.O.B filed every appeal he could including wounded warriors and get this, it happened 10 years ago and he is still fighting for more! He works full-time for UPS as a truck loader and he is only 57 years old. We will support his ass 'till he dies. Wish I hadn't opened this thread.........dammit!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #12
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
Yes I did have a interview after I received my AO 10% compensation letter as stated above. She said I should take the 10% and be happy! in so many words!

Stano
I don't believe that they give a percentage rating for just AO. It has to stipulate the disease. They should have giving you the medical term(s). Ten percent gets your foot in the door. There has to be some specificity to the AO claim and findings.

It sounds like you have a case of poor service advisor. Seek another one, like a DAV representative. Most of the DAV advisors are just that, Disable American Veterans. They have been there, done that.

Good luck.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #13

It's a battle all the way! Us (veterans) versus them (the VA bureaucrats).

Right now I'm in the phase of "we can't locate your paperwork, you have until 16 June to refile". Got that notice yesterday via email. Fortunately my VFW rep already had me make copies of anything sent forward. He has copies; I have copies.

The VA must have a game book that encourages their bureaucrats to delay, deny, and lose paperwork.

I will report back here when I see some progress. Possibly it will help others with ideas and methods. VFW rep is fairly confident that due to AO exposure I should get at least 30% (prostate cancer), 10% (tinnitus). Then there are a few other things that I'm sure will require a total physical to prove (high BP, spinal compression fractures, fractured and restored hip, etc). Heck, other than that, I'm just a poster boy of perfect health!
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
It's a battle all the way! Us (veterans) versus them (the VA bureaucrats).

Right now I'm in the phase of "we can't locate your paperwork, you have until 16 June to refile". Got that notice yesterday via email. Fortunately my VFW rep already had me make copies of anything sent forward. He has copies; I have copies.

The VA must have a game book that encourages their bureaucrats to delay, deny, and lose paperwork.

I will report back here when I see some progress. Possibly it will help others with ideas and methods. VFW rep is fairly confident that due to AO exposure I should get at least 30% (prostate cancer), 10% (tinnitus). Then there are a few other things that I'm sure will require a total physical to prove (high BP, spinal compression fractures, fractured and restored hip, etc). Heck, other than that, I'm just a poster boy of perfect health!
And get this: 10% by VA math is only $129.00 a month. Another slap in the face for the Vietnam Vet!

Stano