Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:18 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Basic Military Training Photo all Branches

Years ago I had posted a link to USAF Basic Training Photos from the 1940s to present.
https://www.bmtflightphotos.af.mil/Photos1940s/

This new link seems to incorporate all Braches US-Army, Navy, Marines, as well as USAF. Once opened go to YEARBOOKS and find military Branch. Good luck.
https://militaryyearbookproject.com/...-flight-photos

I'm currently searching for USCG Found them on this link:

https://cgrtalumni.org/bootcampphotos
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2020, 01:26 PM   #2

Good links, I went through 11 weeks of bootcamp in 1970 and it was the happiest day of my life when I graduated from that place. Watched a video on youtube about current Navy bootcamp and really had to laugh, I thought it was a high school gym class.
Bill
Old 07-02-2020, 07:05 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Very interesting. I looked at the USAF BMT photos of July 1968 and August 1968 from Amarillo AFB, but could not find my flight. I really don't remember the flight number. I started Basic on 19 July and graduated just a few days before Labor Day, but I can't seem to recognize my mug in any of the photos.
Nice little journey back in time though. Thanks for posting.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I went thru all of the 1958 classes of the 3711 (double ace) squadron and didn't find my Flt, the number if which I have forgotten. I didn't even find the DIs in any photos. A friend who I enlisted with was in a different Flt and didn't show up either.
Glenn
Old 07-02-2020, 11:04 AM   #5

More for the Vietnam and later crowd, I think, but there is a lot of this stuff on https://www.togetherweserved.com
Old 07-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
TRY looking about one or two months after your EOD Date.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #7

very interesting site but its a shame there is no Ft Lewis photos.. I remember taking one with my plantoon.. I wish there were a site where the individual photos are shown in class A uniforms at basic but I have never found a site like that either.
tanman32225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:27 AM   #8
KJB

Neat site. I did not see my 1965 USMC San Diego boot camp Platoon 387 photo so I uploaded it. Message said it will take at least 24 hours to review before it would be posted. I was glad to contribute to the site.
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman32225 View Post
very interesting site but its a shame there is no Ft Lewis photos.. I remember taking one with my plantoon.. I wish there were a site where the individual photos are shown in class A uniforms at basic but I have never found a site like that either.

Okay, you have lost me as to which branch of the military you are referring to as I have posted links to all four?

As for uniforms, throughout the year's uniforms change. As for what you or I would prefer is not the same when addressing 1000s of officers-in-charge wanting to just get the step completed and on to the next. As one may be a workout after photos and the other may be to return to BX for lessons.

I Have never found my class photo, but I'm not going to hold back from showing anyone who may be interested in finding an old pal.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmachine View Post
More for the Vietnam and later crowd, I think, but there is a lot of this stuff on https://www.togetherweserved.com

I did check this site out and I was unable to find 3-bases, which I served on and with. Not sure what they are truly all about, but thanks for the information.

Tags
army, bootcamp photos, military, navy, photo album, photos, usaf, uscg, usmc