Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Glad she left/got canned.. The sign obviously says 'Arlington National Cemetery' and she obviously meant disrespect.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #44

An aside to AJM12. That McDonalds had been warned and fined over how hot that coffee was over a period of months. It was near boiling and a hazard the way it's handled, paper cups and all. The woman had 3rd degree burns across her abdomen, down her groin and on both thighs. The verdict reflected the ignored warnings.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I opened my AOL Home page this morning there she was. She may become as famous as Monica.

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
An aside to AJM12. That McDonalds had been warned and fined over how hot that coffee was over a period of months. It was near boiling and a hazard the way it's handled, paper cups and all. The woman had 3rd degree burns across her abdomen, down her groin and on both thighs. The verdict reflected the ignored warnings.
And, I do believe that after the appeals, she got very little.. like $250k?
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
I represent my employer 24/7. Should I act inappropriatly even on the weekend! it reflects on my employer and can have a financial consequence for my employer. I live in a right to work state so they have the right to terminate me as I have the right to terminate any of my employees. We educate staff on the impacts, risks and possible consequences of social media.

Actions have consequences, good and bad!
Well I do hope that you are compensated extremely well if you are under a microscope 24/7.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #48
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget63 View Post
Well I do hope that you are compensated extremely well if you are under a microscope 24/7.
I am compensated well. In some careers, the community relate your actions when in public to the service they will receive from my employer.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #49

I agree with TAZ 100%. Every action has a reaction. She flipped the bird on a company trip, the company let the bird out of the coop. End of story.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
I am compensated well. In some careers, the community relate your actions when in public to the service they will receive from my employer.
I know all about how the public perceives you from being a public servant myself for 20 years. I too lived under a microscope and had to conduct myself in a manner acceptable to my employer and the general public 24/7. I guess now that I am retired from that I can finally exercise my first amendment rights without fear of retribution. The point I was trying to make; and this case may not be the best example of it, is that government and private enterprise has too much to say on how we are expected to conduct ourselves in our private lives.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget63 View Post
I know all about how the public perceives you from being a public servant myself for 20 years. I too lived under a microscope and had to conduct myself in a manner acceptable to my employer and the general public 24/7. I guess now that I am retired from that I can finally exercise my first amendment rights without fear of retribution. The point I was trying to make; and this case may not be the best example of it, is that government and private enterprise has too much to say on how we are expected to conduct ourselves in our private lives.
Weather you are a public servant (as i was) or just a Doctor, lawyer, or construction worker. You should conduct yourself in an appropriate manner in certain places (as the place she decided to act a fool). That is the bottom line.
ajm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Back to the Unknown Soldiers Tomb guards. Here is what happens when the crowd gets noisy.

RinkersRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkersRanch
Back to the Unknown Soldiers Tomb guards. Here is what happens when the crowd gets noisy.
Thank you. For the uninformed google it and read about the honor - discipline - training - and privilege of being chosen for this assignment. You will learn the meaning of 24/7 and perhaps the difference between serving your country and a job. Respect - Tradition - Honor - for something greater than the almighty dollar. If you have not observed the changing of the guard, it is well worth the trip.

It isn't hard to understand why so many young people don't get it. After riding in a limo to their 5th grade dance, what's left for them to aspire to or believe to be worth fighting for.

Stepping of the soapbox now. Next.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm not so sure about all this.

I had all my employees sign a morals clause. They mainly worked around occupied homes. No drinking, no smoking within 20' of the house, no swearing,.etc. Or anything else I deemed disrespectful. Never had to use it, but did tell two men that maybe they had better start looking for a new job away from the public.

Now to the salient point...Had they burned the American flag, and been fired I would probably lost in court and had to give back pay and damages. Quite a web we have weaved.

My arrangements have already made for internment at Arlington National Cemetery, so my feelings...had I been in the ground, I might have had a good chuckle. Who knows, with death all arounds us maybe others would have joined me.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #55

Thor Owners Club
Lindsey Stone got called on her behavious infront of the country. This is called "a consequence". Its what I learned at an early age that if I acted out in my neighbourhood I would get called out by a neighbour. These days there are no consequences and society ignores bad behaviour until one of the misbehaving adolescents does something so outrages that there is a large public outcry and the consequences are huge. I guess she has learned her lesson. There are very few people I deal with daily that own up to what they have done. As a senior police officer I tell younger officers I mentor on the job that very few people will own up to what they have done and most will Lie, Deflect and/or Minimize.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #56

Given enough time it will become politically incorrect to discriminate against STUPID!!
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote