Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:10 PM   #1

Jacksonville, NC and Camp Lejeune

Heading off to a two-year assignment at II MEF. Haven't been able to find property with a big driveway, 3-car garage, or RV access like is common in SoCal. Apparently no RV lot on base either.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a SECURE RV lot in the area? Don't care much about the RV, but the race trailer full of tools I have to think about.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2015, 02:04 PM   #2

70+ views and nada?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:32 AM   #3

Carolina Campers
There is, in fact, a camp ground right on the ICW there on base. There are also numerous campgrounds surrounding base with long term parking available. There are also numerous secure storage facilities both in Jacksonville and I know there was one on base when I was there.
Jarhead0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #4

RV Storage

You can check on 24 by the Hubert gate. There is an RV facility there. I lived in Aragona village off of Piney Green and like many houses in that community I was able to park my 28 foot trailer and park my Yukon Xl in front of it. Keep looking an you will it. You could always park your rig in your units barracks. You see many rigs/trailers/boats on river road. I know there is RV lots on Onslow beach but unsure of storage.

Semper Fi
Top.
Cruzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #5

How far from base you willing to be? Are you going to Marsoc or anything on Stone Bay? If your full time RVing I would look to the beaches on the sides.

There is one right before Emerald Island Bridge which I think will be your best bet for price and room. I would say a 25-35 minute drive to base during Peek Gate hours. Hwy 24 backs up for about 1-2 miles in the AM. and PM so get ready for that hell.

Emerald Isle will have no room for a Race Trailer but they have a storage place on the island not even a mile from the Ocean Front RV park. This park is on the sides of Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier, in the summer time this place is JAM PACKED.

Topsail/Surf City on the other side of the base is a little less commercialized, its mostly beach houses, I can not recall if there is a close storage place near the Surfcity one.

No in good old actionville its self, you will find no RV parks. They are all around the area beaches, sure you can understand why.

You other choice is called Ramsey's Trailer park in Hubert its about 10 mins outside the Piney Green Gate. They have mobile homes and a couple of RV's and it looks pretty suspect, but there is actually a mix of people in the park itself and should have no problem as long as you keep your trailer locked.

Grew up in Jacksonville and was in the Corps myself, Semper Fi Devil.
DigiMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Other than being on post/base, there is no such thing as a "secure RV lot." We have friends who stored their MH in a very secure locked warehouse. Nothing in it but a few very nice MHs...that were also locked. Came to get their RV on one occasion and the basement had been broken into and all the tools were gone.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:01 AM   #7

Here is a idea for you, go park it on the Base Lemon Lot. Put the price so High no one would ever even think to buy it. Free storage, and its on base.
DigiMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiMad View Post
Here is a idea for you, go park it on the Base Lemon Lot. Put the price so High no one would ever even think to buy it. Free storage, and its on base.

Friggin' Jarheads. Semper Fi!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:17 PM   #9

finally got back to this thread. Thanks all! and the lemon lot idea is a great one!
I think I have a good house lined up with parking, and hopefully, good neighbors.
I'll be mainside at the big HQ building on the point that juts out into the New River.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:59 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 View Post
finally got back to this thread. Thanks all! and the lemon lot idea is a great one!
I think I have a good house lined up with parking, and hopefully, good neighbors.
I'll be mainside at the big HQ building on the point that juts out into the New River.
I know it well. I darkened those halls back in the mid to late 90s.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:45 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiMad View Post

Tags
jacks