Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:51 PM   #1

National Archives

I have requested anything and everything that the archives has on me, twice and have received a lot of records from them. The problem I am having is that in the records I received there is not one copy of any orders I received in 21 years US Navy. Where do I go for any copies of orders I received?
Thanks,
Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2019, 06:21 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Me 2

I will be following this thread as I got the same result from the archives. I received my performance reports and my awards and decorations including most all of the ribbons and medals needed to build a shadow box. I have no idea where to get copies of all my orders, assignments, additional duties, etc. It appears that the records kept at the local squadron level never made it to my official records.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #3

I really need some of those orders especially the ones that put me in Vietnam. Seems the VA wants more proof than awards and metals plus letters home from Vietnam. Really need those orders.
I did try the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) request to Defense Personnel Records Information Retrieval System (DPRIS). Maynot get anything from this as it says 10 years from separation, I retired in 1991.
Bill
Old 12-06-2019, 09:05 PM   #4

Contact your local American Legion or VFW post, usually there is someone with knowledge of how to work the system to obtain results.
When I received a copy of my records, ALL medical records were missing, still are.

I fell off a rappelling tower during training, no records, no VA help. Even the AL and VFW have been unsuccessful with that.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:49 PM   #5

Thanks but the local VFW here has not been much help at all, I am working with a VSO but he is with the State Veterans Admin. I did here from DPRIS they referred me back to National Archives. It's just really hard to understand how all those orders are just gone.
Bill
Old 12-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Maybe this site could help. Don't really know about orders. I never got mine with my records either.
Untitled Document
Cpl Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #7

I sent off for my Medical & ALL Military Records back in 2016
Few months later I get a large manilla envelope with all kinds of Documents
Some totally unreadable=====copies of micofish/copies of the copies
But did have my induction papers, assigments to boot camp/'A' School, Nuke School and first assignment to ship.
Had all the medical records of injuries/tests in boot camp, on-board ship
Had 'Chaptains Mast' records...time/date/ infractions/outcome
Had discharge date/release date

BUT not ONE mention of where Ship was deployed, traveled, engaged in actions etc.

Still trying to trace down info/evidence of WESTPAC Deployments.......
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #8

I forgot to mention that I was able to prove that the Uss Oriskany did operate inside the 12 nautical miles limit while I was onboard. Will be sending that info to the VA this Monday. Anyone interested in Deck Logs can go here Deck Logs and look up your Carrier. They have logs for many other ships also.
Bill

Tags
national