Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #1

new? ailment added to agent orange list

Met an old buddy today, he has psoriasis of the scalp now. The VA clinic examined it and said it was a result of exposure to agent orange. They issued medicine and increased his disability rating.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #2

Carolina Campers
psoriasis of scalp

I found this very interesting. I also have psoriasis of the scalp being treated by VA for 40 + years. only on the lower back of head not covered by a hat in VN.Left VN in '68 and developed this in '74. No family history and does not get better in the summer!
no compensation for this, but then again not looking for any. very happy with the meds and follow up.
henryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I live in an area with lots of retirees and vets. ALL have been contacted by the VA. According to the VA it seems anything we have wrong with us has something to do with Agent Orange. The VA appears to be like other government agencies and is trying to increase their business and grow an empire.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
I live in an area with lots of retirees and vets. ALL have been contacted by the VA. According to the VA it seems anything we have wrong with us has something to do with Agent Orange. The VA appears to be like other government agencies and is trying to increase their business and grow an empire.
i am 90% rated for agent orange issues
your govt can have all my "bennies" back
just take away my diabetes,heart bypass's,hypertension and a certain amount of depression caused by the ailments. i have never believed in folks that say if you haven't (fill in your choice of situations ) you cant comment but i gota tell you if you havent been affected by AO your lucky or were not there. AO maladies are real
brianj
rvn apr67-nov68
Old 09-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Psoriasis and Agent Orange

I m glad your friend is receiving treatment for his psoriasis. However I remain skeptical on the compensation as there has been no official announcement from the VBA (Veterans Benefits Administration) that this condition is related to agent orange exposure.
If I have learned one thing in my dealings with the VBA and VHA (Veteran Health Administration) over the past 41 years is that they are totally separate agencies.
The Doctors and Nurses have their opinions but have little if any input as to what the VBA will compensate.

Steve (FMF Marine)
Vietnam Combat Vet 65-66
Semper Fi
FMFMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
i am 90% rated for agent orange issues
your govt can have all my "bennies" back
just take away my diabetes,heart bypass's,hypertension and a certain amount of depression caused by the ailments. i have never believed in folks that say if you haven't (fill in your choice of situations ) you cant comment but i gota tell you if you havent been affected by AO your lucky or were not there. AO maladies are real
brianj
rvn apr67-nov68
I'm not saying your, or anybody else's maladys are not real, and I'm not saying AO is not real, what I'm saying is that all are not all related to AO. The VA is trying to make all our problems having something to do with AO. At my age I've got my share of problems, but whos to say they are AO related? I don't think they are.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Met an old buddy today, he has psoriasis of the scalp now. The VA clinic examined it and said it was a result of exposure to agent orange. They issued medicine and increased his disability rating.
Guess I need to check into that with the local VA. Had a couple of bleeding spots of that develope two years ago and an AF dermatologist said the it was psoriasis and was part of a general auto-immune problem
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #8

Thanks Ray. As usual keeping your fellow Vets in the know bud!
RV Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
A VA clinic has no authority to determine what medical conditions are associated with Agent Orange. That is done by the VA Compensation and Pension Offices based on inputs from the National Academies of Science Institute of Medicine.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #10

Here is a list Diseases recognized by the VA for Agent Orange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	17030  
pinebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
I have a buddy that has had Diabetes Type II for several years now. He was told his type of Diabetes is now on the AO list for Vietnam Vets. His disability rating was adjusted accordingly to a higher rating around the first of Dec. 2011. This has just happened within the past 6 weeks. I see it is on the list shown by pinebear, but my friend was just recently notified so this must be a very recent list.
djpotts50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #12

Tom, I can't vouch for the veracity of my friends story, just relaying what he said. That's why the question mark in the thread title. Re-reading my OP, I should have worded it better.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #13

Ischemic Heart Disease

Does anyone know what the % Disability is for Ischemic Heart Disease?
Thanks.
Krashqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpotts50 View Post
I have a buddy that has had Diabetes Type II for several years now. He was told his type of Diabetes is now on the AO list for Vietnam Vets. His disability rating was adjusted accordingly to a higher rating around the first of Dec. 2011. This has just happened within the past 6 weeks. I see it is on the list shown by pinebear, but my friend was just recently notified so this must be a very recent list.
Type II Diabetes has been on the list for several years. I don't remember the year, but I got my disability rating increased due to Type II. SOB wanted to take away my existing 10%, but couldn't because I'd had it since 1983. I need to go back now and see about the peripheral neuropathy.
gfs1943 is offline   Reply With Quote