Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #1

Greetings,

I know there has been another thread on USAA and its coverage of RVs. I have a slightly different question.

Am I the only one who is totally, completely and fit to be tied every time I call USAA. I can't get past the voice system and often the menu choices do not make sense.

Repeated letters have only gotten nice replies; though the Chairman was too busy to take notice. Honestly, I tie them up longer trying to placate me than an operator would to route my call.

Know this is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. Amazing how we all have our trip triggers. Anyway just musing if I am alone in this frustration or others share.

Thank you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #2

Greetings,

I know there has been another thread on USAA and its coverage of RVs. I have a slightly different question.

Am I the only one who is totally, completely and fit to be tied every time I call USAA. I can't get past the voice system and often the menu choices do not make sense.

Repeated letters have only gotten nice replies; though the Chairman was too busy to take notice. Honestly, I tie them up longer trying to placate me than an operator would to route my call.

Know this is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. Amazing how we all have our trip triggers. Anyway just musing if I am alone in this frustration or others share.

Thank you.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Richard,
I've got good news and bad news!

The new CEO (Joe Robles) is very much in the style of the late General McD. And is also a great believer in people service , not like our recently former CEO who believe machines could handle everything.

One of the first things he ordered was getting back to warm blooded bodies that can talk with the members!

The bad news-- big wheels turn slowly, it's gonna take a while to gear up--------

Hang in there, it's coming!!!!

(Retired from USAA in 2000, wife still works there)

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
RoadRohrer,
Can't say I've had a problem with USAA but I understand how you feel when I've called some other companies. Might be that I haven't had to call very often over the years or maybe it's dependent upon the department you're trying to reach. Anyway it's good news that machines will be on the decline and warm bodies on the rise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(Retired from USAA in 2000, wife still works there) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've been a member since 1974. Thank you for your service.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
RoadRoher; we have been members for years also, and if I need to talk to a warm body, i just keep hitting "0" and it gives me a person. if I want something simple i will play the recorder game.

Good luck and have fun out there.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #6

Thanks. USAA, (the proper department) called me today. So I was able to talk about insurance for the new motorhome. Seems I have two options which made sense of some of the other comments of USAA's coverage of motorhomes.

1. I can go through the USAA General Agency in which USAA is an agent for Progressive Insurance, regardless of the value of the motorhome.

2. If the motorhome is valued under $100K, then can be added to regular auto policy.

Rep I talked to said the telephone system is a major source of complaints and irritation for both the membership and the employees. So hopefully, it will get resolved. Machines are great, but they can't do everything.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When it is voice activated I usually just talk gibberish and after two attempts it will reply to stand by while it get me to the next available operator.

If it is tone activated, i just start pushing numbers, starting with 0 and it usually gets me a voice to talk to, and not the voice actuated one.

Anyhow, it works for me, and I hate those things. I yearn for the good old days when you called for assistance, you got someone in the U.S.A.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote