Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) today praised the passage by unanimous consent of his bill (S.1877) clarifying U.S. law to allow veterans and servicemen not in uniform to salute the flag.

Current law (US Code Title 4, Chapter 1)states that veterans and servicemen not in uniform should place their hand over their heart without clarifying whether they can or should salute the flag. "The salute is a form of honor and respect, representing pride in one's military service," Senator Inhofe said.

"Veterans and service members continue representing the military services even when not in uniform.

"Unfortunately, current U.S. law leaves confusion as to whether veterans and service members out of uniform can or should salute the flag. My legislation will clarify this regulation, allowing veterans and servicemen alike to salute the flag, whether they are in uniform or not.

"I look forward to seeing those who have served saluting proudly at baseball games, parades, and formal events. I believe this is an appropriate way to honor and recognize the 25 million veterans in the United States who have served in the military and remain as role models to others citizens. Those who are currently serving or have served in the military have earned this right, and their recognition will be an inspiration to others."

ALL Veterans should 'Hand Salute' the flag, instead of holding hand over heart, to show to all that they are a Veteran and not a civilian.

You do not have to remove your hat if covered, Salute, in an honored respect for your military service. Indoors or outdoors, this rule applies. In uniform, or in civilian clothes, this rule applies.

Civilians should still remove their covers and hold it over their breast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) today praised the passage by unanimous consent of his bill (S.1877) clarifying U.S. law to allow veterans and servicemen not in uniform to salute the flag.

Current law (US Code Title 4, Chapter 1)states that veterans and servicemen not in uniform should place their hand over their heart without clarifying whether they can or should salute the flag. "The salute is a form of honor and respect, representing pride in one's military service," Senator Inhofe said.

"Veterans and service members continue representing the military services even when not in uniform.

"Unfortunately, current U.S. law leaves confusion as to whether veterans and service members out of uniform can or should salute the flag. My legislation will clarify this regulation, allowing veterans and servicemen alike to salute the flag, whether they are in uniform or not.

"I look forward to seeing those who have served saluting proudly at baseball games, parades, and formal events. I believe this is an appropriate way to honor and recognize the 25 million veterans in the United States who have served in the military and remain as role models to others citizens. Those who are currently serving or have served in the military have earned this right, and their recognition will be an inspiration to others."

ALL Veterans should 'Hand Salute' the flag, instead of holding hand over heart, to show to all that they are a Veteran and not a civilian.

You do not have to remove your hat if covered, Salute, in an honored respect for your military service. Indoors or outdoors, this rule applies. In uniform, or in civilian clothes, this rule applies.

Civilians should still remove their covers and hold it over their breast.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #3

Don't go saluting just yet. The bill has only been approved by the Senate. it still needs approval by the House and the President to sign it. Trackgov.us

Curt

2003 PT Cruiser
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
I take a different approach to this subject - I do appreciate the efforts of Senator Inhofe in getting it on the books to okay that vets can "salute" the flag in or out of uniform; but; I feel that after 30 years of service to our country, if saluting the flag as a retired Navy Veteran would cause any of those that don't even take their hats off during the National Anthem take notice, then I'm going to salute the flag. Sue me ...........
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Being in the Patriot Guard we all salute if we are not holding a flag.ts still respect even if we are not in the uniform.