Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #1

Walgreens Prescriptions

I saw this posted at a Walgreens in Jacksonville, FL last week.

At the end of the year Walgreens will no longer accept Tricare for prescription payments.

FastEagle
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check out Express Scripts. They will mail your prescriptions to your house.

Express Scripts, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Drug Trend Report, Order Prescriptions, Workers' Compensation

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post

Express Scripts, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Drug Trend Report, Order Prescriptions, Workers' Compensation

Jon
Been using Express Scrips for almost 10 years and I love the setup. Takes me about 6 days from the time I order online until I have the meds. The DW gets her meds the same way. Can't beat the price for sure.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Their loss. Find another store. There's plenty out there.

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post

Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
Their loss. Find another store. There's plenty out there.

jack
Times three on Express Scripts, I have used them in years past and will return to using them as I convert my health care back to Tricare from VA. Only use Walgreens on rare occations, so I agree on it's their loss and I will refrain from doing any businesswith them as there are plenty other chain Rx stores locally.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #6

I agree with Express Script, but if you can't PVS will honor TriCare. Wallgreens has never honored TriCare here in Arizona.
jgard489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Use CVS exclusively. Never a problem and they call me for renewals or when required they call my Dr. for renewal authorization.
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchStar38 View Post
Use CVS exclusively. Never a problem and they call me for renewals or when required they call my Dr. for renewal authorization.
Same service with Express Scripts. Calls and emails.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Whether you get the drugs from a local pharmacy, chain or from Express Scripts through the mail, I believe that Express Scripts still manages the program. That's why I get a monthly statement from them.

Using Express Scripts is a good way to go for maintenance prescriptions, but I'm going to start using CVS for prescriptions that are needed quickly. Can't hardly wait 6 or 7 days for the pills if I'm sick, IMHO. We've had really good service from our local Walgreens and I am disappointed that they are leaving the program.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I personally have an issue with Express Scripts.. The last shipment of Timoptic to my wife was one vial, they billed me the full 40 dollar co-pay (on my insurance plan) when I told them that over the counter at Wall greens it's only 25, and the going cost on the net is 20, they said "The co-pay is 40 dollars click the co-pay is 40 dollars click" (the click is the sound of the broken record going back notch) and instead of refering to negotation /dispute resolution AS REQUIRED BY MICHIGAN STATE LAW they sent immed to collections.

They think I'm going to pay them.

Medco.... No problems there (yet) been with them before, Express undercut the bit for one contract period,, Medco got us back.. Do not know if Medco does Tri-Care though.

Try www.medcohealth.com Not sure as I use an HTTPS link.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #11

Apparently it is Tricare that is dropping Walgreens, from the letter I received from Walgreens. According to the letter, Walgreens has continued attempts to work things with Tricare to continue the relationship, but so far to no avail. So, I don't know if it's Walgreens asking for too much or Tricare continuing to squeeze the medical system and pharmacies to provide more for less. I certainly lost my share of doctors that way. I've had great service from Walgreens for years and reluctantly switch over to CVS when I have to.
John219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #12

Express scripts is dropping Walgreens too. We got a letter on Friday.
somoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
I just got home from vacation and read the letter from Walgreens that Express Scripts will not renew their contract even though WG has offered to reduce rates. WG says they have made other offers to reduce rates for the Military by running a seperate contract solely for DOD. Express Scripts has not responded.
Tricare is my secondary after FEP BC/BS and I have always had good service through WGs as we travel. We do not plan our route when we travel, we just go where ever we want and that is why a mail order service won't work for us. I would like to know the reasons that Express Scripts is dropping Walgreens. I have called but evidently so is everyone else as the wait for a live body to talk to is forever.

So based on the letter I have from WGs it appears the decison to eliminate WG is Express Scripts.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
I just got home from vacation and read the letter from Walgreens that Express Scripts will not renew their contract even though WG has offered to reduce rates. WG says they have made other offers to reduce rates for the Military by running a seperate contract solely for DOD. Express Scripts has not responded.
Tricare is my secondary after FEP BC/BS and I have always had good service through WGs as we travel. We do not plan our route when we travel, we just go where ever we want and that is why a mail order service won't work for us. I would like to know the reasons that Express Scripts is dropping Walgreens. I have called but evidently so is everyone else as the wait for a live body to talk to is forever.

So based on the letter I have from WGs it appears the decison to eliminate WG is Express Scripts.
Express Scripts would not accept Walgreens rates. We are not having an issue as the Fry's (Grocery chain) pharmacy right next door ro our Walgreens accepts Express Scripts and we keep pleanty of spares on our meds to handle our travel forays. We have heard that Express Scripts dropped CVS as well but can validated weather rumor or fact.