Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
Made the decision and decided to go with the Tidy Cat Breeze pellet system. So far, the cats are not ecstatic about using these, but it is the cleanest system I have found. No dust - period, total weight about 6 or 7 pounds, easy cleanup. Cats are not sure of pellets - probably a texture thing, but they are coming around. Plan to put one of the boxes in front of passenger seat when parked and under the dinette table while traveling. Takes up a small footprint, so will see how it goes. Big deciding point was dust and tracking litter around and Tidy Cat solves this issue. Thanks to all who shared their experience with me.
When starting out with the Breeze system, Tidy Cat recommends doing 2 things. Leave the old litter box as is, without cleaning it. At the same time, add the new Breeze pan setup. By the time the old litter pan is totally nasty (and smelly I might add), about 3-4 days they will be using the Breeze system. It didn't take that long for my cats to transition. As soon as they started using the Breeze, I took away the old litter pan.

I started them on Breeze at home, so I didn't have to make the transition in the RV. I have Breeze pans at home and in the RV. I put a litter mat down in the shower and it makes it easy to get up an pellets they track out of the pan.
NCPearlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2019, 03:29 PM   #44

Tiffin Owners Club
The Breeze system looks interesting, I just watched The Easiest, Most Inexpensive, Natural Litter Box System...it uses Tractor Supply Pine pellets (they are baked to remove the pine toxins) used by a very high end breeder for all her cats. I am going to try that....a rescue home (like ours) with a minimum of 11 cats in it is always on the look out for another alternative!

And we too take our core 11 cats with us when we pull out in the motorhome, whether for a weekend or a month.
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:53 PM   #45

Fresh step makes a product called “clean paws”
A Deep litter box with a cover-lid atop a plush towel.
Easy to roll up shake out or hold the edge of the
Box and flick loose litter underneath for a quick fix until you can shake the towel out or vacuum.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:45 PM   #46

Ive been trying out Skoon Cat litter. Im on my 3rd month now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	litter-box.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	272895

I can recommend it. The litter is like small white light-weight rocks.

The urine is immediately absorbed and does not smell at all. There is absolutely no buildup of it at the bottom either.

It comes with a special pooper scoop that has larger holes.

If you scoop daily you will should not have any kind of smells with the solids.

Tracking is reduced because the litter is not as small as normal litter particles.

I still keep an entire large litterbox filled with my kittys' other litter brand because cats are creatures of habit & do not like change. I figure Ill let them decide what brands they prefer rhe most without upsetting them too much. So far all 3 of them use both brands equally now.

Here is the webpage with videos & more info if anyone is curious.

https://skooncatlitter.com/
C5c5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat