Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #1

Okay, so I finally caved in and decided to head to Long Beach for the weekend to watch the show.

I got a call from our handler who told me about all the cool vendor stuff (I need an aluminum crate $$$) and Mrs. Wicked is picking up a new pup (18-week b*tch) at the show to compete with Taser.

After shopping for a metal crate on craigslist and ebay, I given up and will try to pick up one from a vendor at the show.

We want to take the Winnebago, but it's at Affinity RV in Prescott getting a MAJOR repair this week. The nylon pads that allow the slides to extend smoothly broke. They are having to lift out the slides to install new pads. I have no idea how much this is going to cost, but it can't be cheap to remove the slide rooms.

If they get it done by Friday we will take it, otherwise it's off to the closest Motel 6 to the convention center in Long Beach.

I'll take my camera and post some pix from the show and a couple pix of the new pup.

Anyone planning on attending the show this weekend? Maybe we can meet up for lunch!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #2

Okay, so I finally caved in and decided to head to Long Beach for the weekend to watch the show.

I got a call from our handler who told me about all the cool vendor stuff (I need an aluminum crate $$$) and Mrs. Wicked is picking up a new pup (18-week b*tch) at the show to compete with Taser.

After shopping for a metal crate on craigslist and ebay, I given up and will try to pick up one from a vendor at the show.

We want to take the Winnebago, but it's at Affinity RV in Prescott getting a MAJOR repair this week. The nylon pads that allow the slides to extend smoothly broke. They are having to lift out the slides to install new pads. I have no idea how much this is going to cost, but it can't be cheap to remove the slide rooms.

If they get it done by Friday we will take it, otherwise it's off to the closest Motel 6 to the convention center in Long Beach.

I'll take my camera and post some pix from the show and a couple pix of the new pup.

Anyone planning on attending the show this weekend? Maybe we can meet up for lunch!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Well now I'm jealous, WW. I've always wanted to go to Eukanuba and Westminster and so far it's never worked out. I have been to the Golden Gate KC show in San Francisco several times. It's not as big a show as it once was, but it's still pretty huge and has tons of vendors. Shopping was always fun. So I'm sure shopping at Eukanuba will be amazing. Have fun!

So, when you say Mrs. Wicked is bringing home a puppy to compete with Taser, you don't mean the top winning Affenpinscher named Taser do you?
CheetahGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:25 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Personally, we boycott AKC shows as they don't recognize American Bulldogs. I haven't been able to figure that out as the American Bulldog has existed as a working breed longer than the geneticaly engineered English Bulldog. Just has me stumped as to what qualifies a breed.
Guess I'm starting something here!
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Affenpinscher </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Mrs. Wicked is getting a non-whippet to show! Look out Taser Mrs. Wicked is gunning for you!

I'll post some pix of the critter when we get her...18 weeks old, I'm told.

As far as the AKC is concerned, I am amazed at some of the breeds, like the Pharoh Hound, where the most I've seen at any show is 2. Hard to make a major with some of these breeds. I'm sure the EB is a more popular breed.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:44 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Eukanuba is pretty amazing. LOTS of vendors--high prices .
We did Euk 2 years in a row with Surf--he was 1st Award of Merit both years. ALMOST BOB last year but politics really enters into THAT show.
The prices for parking are astronomical! Like 125 a night!!
We also worked the meet the Breeds booth last year with Sparkle and helped decorate it.
it is a show to do every so often. Have never done WEstminster as I have heard too many horror stories about it and would never subject my dogs to those tiny benches and all the mobs!
Congrats to Wicked whippets on their new addition. The Smiths who own Taser are friends of ours--they used to have Dobermans. I would think Taser would be retiring soon as he has been out 2-3 years already.
Hopefully in a year or 2 we will have a new addition--a Field spaniel. We are ready to go to something a bit smaller as we get older.
Have a great weekend and enjoy Eukanuba
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote