Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2015, 06:44 PM   #1

Handful of Peanut Butter!!

As we are traveling with our four mutts, BTW all rescues, we enjoy taking them for a walk and as part of that, picking up after them. It has become such a habit that the motions are muscle memory. Dog deposits poop, take bag from bag roll, insert hand inside bag, pickup poop and tie end shut. Done it thousands of times.

Well imagine, my surprise when I COMPLETED the "pickup" step only to find that the manufacture failed miserably in heat sealing the closed end of the doggy bag! I had a handful of warm "peanut butter" and an bag open at both ends over my hand. The next three bags in the roll were the same. It wasn't until the fourth bag in the roll was sealed.

That smell does not go away!
LPD218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2015, 04:26 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I feel your pain...or rather....I smell the smell. This has happened to me a couple of times...took twice for me to make sure the bags are sealed...and I check every time!!
Felt like dipping my hand in bleach!
Thanks for the laugh...takes one to know one
Old 07-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We ended up using the sandwich bags with the fold over flap closure. Put them on like a glove and picked up the poop. Worked well for us.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #4

Ha, that's why I started long ago double checking each bag before I dig in
Old 07-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPD218 View Post
As we are traveling with our four mutts, BTW all rescues, we enjoy taking them for a walk and as part of that, picking up after them. It has become such a habit that the motions are muscle memory. Dog deposits poop, take bag from bag roll, insert hand inside bag, pickup poop and tie end shut. Done it thousands of times.

Well imagine, my surprise when I COMPLETED the "pickup" step only to find that the manufacture failed miserably in heat sealing the closed end of the doggy bag! I had a handful of warm "peanut butter" and an bag open at both ends over my hand. The next three bags in the roll were the same. It wasn't until the fourth bag in the roll was sealed.

Hey, that unconditional love works both ways.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
We ended up using the sandwich bags with the fold over flap closure. Put them on like a glove and picked up the poop. Worked well for us.
A sandwich bag aint cuttin it for your typical lab. LOL.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I always say you know you love your dog when you walk around with 1/2 lb of their poop in your hand
Old 07-23-2015, 03:17 PM   #8

My Abbey drops tootsie roll poopies.. nice and solid.. but I always check the bag before we head out the door..
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPD218 View Post

lemon juice will take away any smell,try it.
WRENCH18 is offline   Reply With Quote