Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #57

Thor Owners Club
No nap without Duke.... Loves it outdoors!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lazy Duke.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	41206
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #58

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Absolutely NO! When our two pets went to doggie heaven we said Never Again. Oh well that lasted 6 days. Only way to get over a pet is to get another one to love. And they will LOVE you back! safe travels....ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #59

Question, we want to start raveling as soon as our house sells, but the wife is concerned about traveling with our old lab (14) because she sheds so bad, but I say we buy something with a central vac. I just don't want to delay, and I love my dog so I would never let someone take care of her. Anyone travel with a shedder?
Thanks
Tom
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes. The central vac is a good idea.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #61

A vac is a must, we don' have a central system, but take a small vac with us. More important is the seating material shouldn't hold on to the hair. We have ultra leather and it wipes right off, so dog hair is not a problem there. We also carry a curry comb for the dog and use it at least once a day to remove excess hair.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #62

Having lost Mr Furry Pants last Monday, my answer to the original question posed is a simple, yes.
VetRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
We just re-homed Gascap our cat last night. Thom's allergies were just kicking his but. It was hard but we both realize that it's the best thing for both him and the cat. He went to a family with a young boy that had to give up his dog because he is allergic to dogs. The child is not allergic to cats and we are hoping it works out well.
Will we get another animal? No last night was hard and we had to take a hard look at things and just decided that we just cannot get another animal. At least not for a very long time.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #64

iRV2 No Limits Club
Some things to think about:

"Grief is the price we pay for love."
Queen Elizabeth II

THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF AN EXTREMELY DISTINGUISHED DOG

"I, DOG , because of the burden of my illness and realizing the end of my life is near, do hereby bury my Last Will and Testament in the mind of my Master. She will not know it is there until after I am dead. Then, remembering me in her loneliness, she will suddenly know of this testament, and I ask her to inscribe it as a memorial to me.

I have little in the way of material things to leave. Dogs are wiser than men. They do not set great store upon things. They do not waste their days hoarding property. They do not ruin their sleep worrying about how to keep the objects they have not. There is nothing of value I have to bequeath except my love and my faith. These I leave to all those who have loved me, to my Master, who I know will mourn me the most, but if I should list all those who have loved me, it would force my Master to write a book. Perhaps it is vain of me to boast when I am so near death, which returns all beasts and vanities to dust, but I have always been an extremely exceptional dog.

I ask my Master to remember me always but not to grieve for me too long. In my life I have tried to be a comfort to her in time of sorrow and a reason for added joy in her happiness. It is painful for me to think that even in death I should cause her pain. Let her remember that, while no dog ever had a happier life, I have now grown ill and pained. I should not want my pride to sink to a bewildered humiliation. It is time for me to say "good-bye". It will sorrow me to leave her but not sorrow me to die. Dogs do not fear death as men do. We accept it as part of life, not as something alien and terrible which destroys life. What will come to me after death? I will be in a place where one is always young; where I will someday be joined by companions I have known in life; where I will romp in lovely fields with those that have gone before me; where every hour is mealtime; where in long evenings there are fireplaces with logs forever burning, and one curls oneself up and remembers the old brave days on earth and the love of one's Master.

This is much to expect but peace, at least, is certain, and a long rest for these weakened limbs. And eternal sleep is perhaps, after all, the best.

One last request I earnestly make. I ask her, for love of me to have another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory never to have another DOG. What I would like to feel is that, having once had me, she cannot live without one! I have never had a narrow spirit. I have always held that most dogs are good. Some dogs are better than others--like me--and so I suggest a rescue dog. She can hardly be as well bred or as mannered or as distinguished and beautiful as I, but my Master must not ask the impossible. She will do her best, I am sure, and even her inevitable defects will help keep my memory green. To her I bequeath my collar and leash. I leave her my place in the car which I loved so much and wish for her long rides with open windows.

One last word of farewell, dear Master. Whenever you think of me, say to yourself with regret but also with happiness in your heart at the remembrance of my happy life with you, "She is the one who loved us and whom we loved." No matter how deep my sleep, I shall hear you, and not all the power of death can keep my spirit from wagging a grateful tail." Author unknown.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
I will always have a pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
We have had Dachshund's now since 1978. Our previous one lived to be 18 years old. We said we would never get another one, but we did. Just could not live without one and our youngest Son missed his Dog so much.

But now he is graduating, we are in that transition to FT and as our present
Dog ages, we know comes a time he may not be around.

DW says this is it...... "We are NOT getting another one". Mostly because of the anguish when you loose one and perhaps we are bad, but we really spoil ours rotten!

But also because of the care involved if we are wintering south and decide to go on a cruise or extended day trip there are times where a pet (unless it's a cat) is difficult to schedule around. Our Duke has to go out every couple of hours except at night.

So has any one else with pets thought about if you would get another one if you lost your present one? We say we wouldn't but then again, we said that the last time. We're just plain ole Dog lovers at heart!!
We usually have 2 dogs, right now we have 5 (St Bernard 13, Beagle 10, Lab 9, Newfie/Lab 9, Pug 8). When our last pug died (I am a pug person, pug people know what I mean) we had 4 dogs and knew that was enough (3 were rescues). BUT, after a few months passed by my husband came home one day with Yoda a fawn Pug. He vocalized what I felt "the house is just not the same without a Pug." We will always have at least 2 dogs as they are pack animals and we both still work. If I have my way it will always be be a Pug and a Lab. The truth is our dogs are our kids and we could never imagine a home without the pitter patter of paws. I look forward to coming home to them. Losing them is always horrible, my last beautiful girl ended up riddled with cancer at 8 years of age and her death was even hard on our vet - (she was extremely beautiful, half great dane and half boxer - the color of a red boxer with the regalness of a great dane) and we still miss her, but the other dogs helped ALOT.
wicksnikmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #66

Nope. When Abby is gone (13 years old) no more. Heart can't take it any more. Love that little Maltese.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130801_152707.png
Views:	137
Size:	770.3 KB
ID:	43394
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:00 AM   #67

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
I love animals. At nearly 50 years of age I can count on one hand the number of years in that life where there hasn't been some furry companion (usually a cat) in my life. I have suffered their loss and I always say that I can't do it again. And you know what, it never fails that one finds me. I have deliberately sought out exactly one of the 10 animals I have called my dear friend. Each time I lose one, it seems that someone has to give up a pet and wham, there I go again. Too soft hearted I guess. I only hope that when my time to go over the rainbow bridge comes, that I will get to see them all again. They have been my best friends and I miss them all.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #68

my answer is still ""NO MORE Pets" when these two little guys that just turned 16 years old July 29th go to Rainbow Bridge..The male had a very bad stroke last Saturday. followed by a seizure on Monday.they seem to be comming more often.. His sister has been sleeping a lot more then she use to..We know will will miss having pets but also will enjoy going places together which we haven't been able to with having pets..We are downsizing and planning on moving into a resort where Pets rules are not what we feel are fair to pets...I envy all of you who will replace your pet..
road bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #69

When we first joined this site we had Laddie and Clancy, Shelties. Then we were given Pepe' a red mini Dachshund. Laddie passed and for about a year and a half
we just had the two, then Clancy passed and SHMBO and our son found, at the pound , Maggie, a Korgi mix. She came home and owns the 99 F-350 . I just get to drive and fix it. A year later SWMBO found running down the street , Molly, a red female mini Dachshund. She had been shot , bones broken and would cower if anyone got near her. Last year we lost Pepe' he was 15 yrs old. Two months ago we were given, Hope a tri color mini Dachshund red on her face ,black and white spotted. She was torn up by Coyotes at her last home. In other words, YES.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #70

There is no getting around the unconditional love pets show for us... No polotics, petty stuff,,, just love....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	935308_4178020183580_2074143282_n.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	43567  
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote