Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2005, 04:55 PM   #1

You ever notice that just about every add for a used RV says "No Pets, No Smoking"... Now I can believe the No Smoking part as only a few of us still have the annoying addiction..

However,,, the no pets part is hard to believe, I mean just about every other RV you see has either a dog or two or a cat and some have both.. I guess pet owners never sell their RVs...

Terry
Alarmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2005, 04:55 PM   #2

You ever notice that just about every add for a used RV says "No Pets, No Smoking"... Now I can believe the No Smoking part as only a few of us still have the annoying addiction..

However,,, the no pets part is hard to believe, I mean just about every other RV you see has either a dog or two or a cat and some have both.. I guess pet owners never sell their RVs...

Terry
Old 11-28-2005, 08:31 PM   #3

----and has always been garaged, Ken
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:41 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Woof, we bought our RV for us and our companions . Abby and I have thought the same thing! Who are those sad humans ? None that we know.

Signed Kayla Czar a GSD, and Abby Gail the cat
Old 11-28-2005, 11:45 PM   #5

Just bring your pet along when you go inspect the rv, and see what he or she has to say. Any cat or dog will tell you by their interest in certain locations in the rig just who has been there before.

Now, if a whole bunch were to do that the retailers might change their tone.

If they question you, say: "I'd like to see if my pal finds this rig friendly. I won't buy anything he or she doesn't find friendly."

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:49 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought the Rv and the dogs and parrot let us cater to them and we get to use it as well.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:56 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alarmguy:

&lt;snip&gt; ....However,,, the no pets part is hard to believe, I mean just about every other RV you see has either a dog or two or a cat and some have both.. I guess pet owners never sell their RVs...
Terry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We have a RV'r friend that cannot enter our own RV because of him being allergic to cats whether our cat is present or not. I suppose it is because of dander the cat has left behind in past trips???

Rich

Our RV trip to Alaska
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #8

I have a friend who is allergic to cats, but can take some kind of pill if she is going to be around them for a short time.

Well, she took a year's leave from her job. The person who replaced her and lived in her apartment during that time had two cats. That person had the apartment thoroughly cleaned after she left. My friend had it thoroughly cleaned when she got back and was fine.

The rv people must have these used rvs thoroughly cleaned to even make this claim.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:17 PM   #9

The point of this post was that almost every add for a used RV says "No Pets", so what happens to the say 40% of RVs that have had pets ??? That was the point of this post, not that some people are alergic to cats..

Terry CPO/USN Ret.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:08 AM   #10

First off, let me point out that I am not allergic to cats LOL! My how conversations do make twists and turns don't they.

You know, I never thought about those ads before you brought it up. We have a dog and plan on taking her with us on some vacations. We won't be bringing her to WDW because she would be neglected, but whenever we go camping, just to camp, she will be coming. And everyone I know that has a camper has a dog, AND the dog goes in the camper. I guess it is like the 10 year old car owned by the old lady that never drove faster than 35mph and only went to the market in it once a week and to church on Sundays huh.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:47 AM   #11

& what I was trying to get at was that even if a person has allergies, good cleaning will take care of it. These rv dealers are overdoing it and anyone with common sense and experience with being on the receiving end of advertising should be able to put two and two together, plus be able to tell these 'souls' that their advertising is barking up the wrong tree.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:34 AM   #12

It's because they are salesman. it's thier nature to lie to make a $$$. It's very rare these days to find one who won't lie.

...and that same non smoking/pet rv was only pulled to church and back on Sunday's, by a little old lady with all the proper equipment.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
... same person that told the investigating-officer: "I swerved to avoid the little black dog ran out in front of me, and that's why I hit the tree", as they're taking the breathalyzer test only 100 yards from the local watering-hole.

Yup, gotta watch those animal-tales.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alarmguy:
The point of this post was that almost every add for a used RV says "No Pets", so what happens to the say 40% of RVs that have had pets ??? That was the point of this post, not that some people are alergic to cats..

Terry CPO/USN Ret. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry Chief, sometimes things are said in one way and the other person will take it another way ...that is what happened in this case. I took it as "No Smoking" was because of the smoke smell and "No Pets" because of allergies, etc.

Is this one of those things where the Chief is never wrong?

Ok, we'll talk about it more in the Chief's Quarters.

Rich - (Zara too ...she's a retired CPO as well, SK type)

Our RV trip to Alaska
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote