Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #1

Progressive to Offer RVers Pet Injury Coverage
RV Business
Tuesday, February 19, 2008

See details here....

http://www.rvlivin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11214
John Harrelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #2

Progressive to Offer RVers Pet Injury Coverage
RV Business
Tuesday, February 19, 2008

See details here....

http://www.rvlivin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11214
Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
John,
I checked my Progressive policy after Bailey blew out her knee preparing for a trip and found out there were three states where the pet insurance was not included in their policies. To our surprise, Bailey and I reside in one of the three states, North Carolina.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #4

Awww man, that stinks.... and doubly stinks for me because N.C. is my home,..(Kinston) even though I now live in Nevada.

Would you post the other two states where the insurance coverage is not allowed so others will know..

Four Oaks.... that brings back some childhood memories for me... my Mother's Aunt and Uncle had a farm that dated back to the Civil War.. If I remember right, Mother said the house was built sometime either during or before the war.

There was a humongous Oak tree next to the front porch and it was full of squirrels... They were so tame that they would come down the tree limb and into the house where my great Aunt would feed them peanuts..

Us kids thought that was the most awesome thing in the whole world, to have a squirrel sit on your shoulder and eat a peanut..

Thanks for the quick trip down memory lane..

John
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hello John,

Currently, the pet policy is not available in North Carolina, New Hampshire and New York.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Thomas
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
jfb

We looked into pet insurance many years ago and found, at that time, that it provided coverage only up to 7 years of age, which is about half the age of an average pet. Has that changed? We could have used it for some major heart problems for a 10 year old Schnauscher(SP?)
jfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jfb:
We looked into pet insurance many years ago and found, at that time, that it provided coverage only up to 7 years of age, which is about half the age of an average pet. Has that changed? We could have used it for some major heart problems for a 10 year old Schnauscher(SP?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I though we were talking about this statement about Progressive: "The coverage is offered free with collision and comprehensive policies and pays up to $500 if a dog or cat is hurt or dies because of a crash, fire or flood." which is about an injury/death clause in a motor vehicle insurance policy.