Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
We were invited to a New Year's eve party in Murietta, Ca. We would love to go as our friends are having a band, martini bar (ok so I love my chocolate martinis) , and have a 20,000 square foot house that we would like to see Plus it's formal which is always fun when you only do it once every 5 years or so .

Since its a bit late to find a petsitter we thought we would take the MH and all 5 dogs out there since it's an easy 5-6 hour drive. Well try to find an RV park that will allow more than 2 dogs!! Of the 3 that are close, 2 have a limit of 2 dogs and the other doesn't allow any.
My furkids are well behaved and we ALWAYS pick up but I know others don't........

Sigh. Even thought about sharing the cost of a hotel room at Comfort Suites because they do have RV parking available so we could stay in MH while friends stay in room. However, it makes me nervous leaving the dogs in the MH in a parking lot what with all the crazies shooting guns, fireworks, etc at midnight.

Sorry just ranting about the difficulty when you travel with more than 2 dogs........I do understand the RV park's position but it's frustrating............

We won't be going fulltime when we retire because we'll always have a couple of dogs......

Karen of:
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We were invited to a New Year's eve party in Murietta, Ca. We would love to go as our friends are having a band, martini bar (ok so I love my chocolate martinis) , and have a 20,000 square foot house that we would like to see Plus it's formal which is always fun when you only do it once every 5 years or so .

Since its a bit late to find a petsitter we thought we would take the MH and all 5 dogs out there since it's an easy 5-6 hour drive. Well try to find an RV park that will allow more than 2 dogs!! Of the 3 that are close, 2 have a limit of 2 dogs and the other doesn't allow any.
My furkids are well behaved and we ALWAYS pick up but I know others don't........

Sigh. Even thought about sharing the cost of a hotel room at Comfort Suites because they do have RV parking available so we could stay in MH while friends stay in room. However, it makes me nervous leaving the dogs in the MH in a parking lot what with all the crazies shooting guns, fireworks, etc at midnight.

Sorry just ranting about the difficulty when you travel with more than 2 dogs........I do understand the RV park's position but it's frustrating............

We won't be going fulltime when we retire because we'll always have a couple of dogs......

Karen of:
Old 12-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Karen...Is it possible that your friends would let you park the rig at their home...and then you could go out to the coach as the fireworks go off to make sure the 5 dogs are okay? I sure hate the thought of you missing a good Chocolate Martini!

Sacs and I will be having a quiet evening here in Eugene with the pups...but I know he likes chocolate...I may have to find the perfect Choco Martini recipe and try it for New Years!
It may be a little farther than 6 hours...but I betcha I can get the park to allow for the Mastiffs up here! ...Just let me know!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:22 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, Karen, I'm with MM... can't you park at your friend's home? Then there are no worries about driving after drinking, and you can check the doggies whenever you want. Good luck, sounds like fun!

p.s. I'd love to see pics of that house!

Brenda
Old 12-13-2007, 05:19 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Karen,
Mannnnn, that IS a bummer. A lot of parks ask us about the size of the "boneheads" and we squeek through with three. One that we are going to in the future is asking us for an extra $30.00 a month for the third. I hate it what irresponsible dog owners have done to us clean folk! Oh mannnnn....don't get me started so early in the morning! I'm afraid that your situation is going to be a tough one and obviously you already know that, I'm sorry to say.

Jo and I are going to have to pare down to the two Norwiches after our elderly PBGV goes to doggie heaven.

We eventually want to breed the two in a couple of years but will probably have to have a semi permanant place for awhile or go to our dear freinds house while the pups are being welped.

There was this one place where we actually made sure to NOT walk three dogs at one time except in the dark. We actually found that there are a lot of dog lovers out there who were very tolerant if we did our part. I know it's kind of tough to walk a couple of Mastiffs without anyone noticing. You would be walking all day long just like at the shows with no relaxation. Relaxation, what's that? Seems like I've been doing more since I retired than when I was a power plant operator.

With great sympathy,
Tom Brickwell aka: AKBrick
Old 12-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. Seems we have a satisfactory alternative!! Hurray we get to party..........

One of our petsitters called today and said her other job cancelled yesterday so she can come and stay with the furkids!

So we will just drive the mini-van over and stay at a friends==there will be 4 of us so I'll probably be designated driver which is ok.

Will try and take pictures of the house

Thanks again for suggestions.

Karen
Old 12-13-2007, 04:19 PM   #7

Are they the big dogs like a great dane?How do You keep up to the hair.I also would think I would go broke feeding them.I love dogs but they do hold You down as any pet.We have a little pet and She holds Us back from a lot of places also. But that is the choice We made in haveing our pets..Glad You got things working out for You.Have fun Bushman
Old 12-14-2007, 03:54 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Yay, Karen,
As M.M. would say, "Woooo Hooooo!!!"
Glad you have a sitter. Have a great New Years Eve party.

AKBrick
Old 12-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bushman512003:
Are they the big dogs like a great dane?How do You keep up to the hair.I also would think I would go broke feeding them.: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they are BIG dogs........My smallest is 155 lbs well except for the baby who turned 11 months old yesterday and weighs 148 lbs My biggest is our male who weighs in at 220.
In terms of food--they really don't eat alot more than a Lab or Golden because they aren't as active. I also distribute a raw food so we get it for cost

In terms of hair--I vaccum alot They swim most days and we bathe them often so they are very clean too. The 2 cats are actually worse than the dogs.............

Karen of:
Old 12-21-2007, 05:54 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
So glad you got that worked out! Have a great time and Happy New Year!!!

Brenda, of...