Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:20 PM   #729

Winnebago Owners Club
So sorry for your loss Neal. All of us dog owners and lovers know the pain. It stinks. We lost our dalmatian after 16 years and thought... never again. But 18 months later a perfect puppy picked us out at a dog shelter rescue event and we couldn't be happier. Max has been with us now 3-years next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Max-smaller.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	240075  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2019, 01:29 PM   #730

We had to put our 13 year old dachshund Bella down yesterday morning. The happiest, most loving companion a person could ask for. She never met a stranger, and loved everyone. We are truly brokenhearted today.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #731

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been where you are too many times and my heart is broken wide open for you Neal. Happy tails to Sam.
We never forget them. Never.
His blessing to you.
RichKimball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:38 AM   #732

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Yesterday morning I had to say goodbye to my everything, my baby girl Sam. She was absolutely special, so full of love, she took to RV'ing before I did only just starting this experience in June 2017. It was so much fun exploring destinations with her, going on walks to help discover the surroundings. She went with me everywhere, she was always at my feet or my side.

This is one of the hardest goodbye's ever in my life. She set the bar high, she was truly special. Farewell my sweetest girl. Some of you here got to meet her which I'm glad as she touches everyone she meets with her love and kindness.

I love you Sam!

Sorry for you loss Neal. I had to put my dog down last year. I know before I even buy an RV and go on the road my baby girl that I still have will more likely won't be around to enjoy the adventure. I will have to get another on after I get the RV.

Mike
06smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:29 AM   #733

Winnebago Owners Club
I am so sorry, Neal, they leave pawprints and a huge hole in our heart when they move on. I still catch a brief glimpse of my soul-cat Timmy from time to time, and I still shed a tear. God Speed, Neal and rest well Sam, your watch here on earth is done.
On the Road with 11 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #734

Newmar Owners Club
So Sorry, I know how hard it is to lose your buddy.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:47 AM   #735

Neal, I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet baby. I have two dogs myself that are getting up in age, so I understand the pain of losing them. I think about not having them when we are RVing. I know it will be different without them when the time comes. God Bless you as you feel the emptiness of your best friend by your side. They bring such joy to our lives. Thank you for sharing your story with us and having a picture, too.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #736

Newmar Owners Club
Rusty, we lost him in February to cancer at 3 years old, miss him every single day
So sorry for everyone’s loss
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5483.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	241223  

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #737

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you all for the kind words.

Stuart, I'm very sorry for your loss. That is way way way too young!
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:00 AM   #738

Grand Design Owners Club

Name:	20190318_044606865_iOS.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	241770

We lost our Precious Sadie this week she was 14yrs old, a part of my heart went with her over the Rainbow bridge she is dearly missed. When we lose our babies we lose a part of us for sure
NanaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:05 AM   #739

My heart goes out to everyone who has lost loved ones. Even years later, I still shed a tear over the pets we have lost. But the memories of the good times remain.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:17 PM   #740
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Yesterday morning I had to say goodbye to my everything, my baby girl Sam. She was absolutely special, so full of love, she took to RV'ing before I did only just starting this experience in June 2017. It was so much fun exploring destinations with her, going on walks to help discover the surroundings. She went with me everywhere, she was always at my feet or my side.

This is one of the hardest goodbye's ever in my life. She set the bar high, she was truly special. Farewell my sweetest girl. Some of you here got to meet her which I'm glad as she touches everyone she meets with her love and kindness.

I love you Sam!
So sorry, Neal. We can appreciate the pain of losing a special friend. We lost a beautiful Miniature Schnauzer in 2011 at age 5 due to an autoimmune disease. Sophie was very special; like Sam was for you.

It is difficult, but as time passes you treasure the memories and more forward. It took us a year to decide that another Miniature Schnauzer was in our future and then, as luck would have it, a second one came along too as a rescue. We still remember Sophie fondly and are now building new memories with Lizzy and Ellie. We pray the same for you.

Our sincere condolences on your loss.

TJ & Lady Di
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:23 PM   #741

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
So sorry, Neal. We can appreciate the pain of losing a special friend. We lost a beautiful Miniature Schnauzer in 2011 at age 5 due to an autoimmune disease. Sophie was very special; like Sam was for you.

It is difficult, but as time passes you treasure the memories and more forward. It took us a year to decide that another Miniature Schnauzer was in our future and then, as luck would have it, a second one came along too as a rescue. We still remember Sophie fondly and are now building new memories with Lizzy and Ellie. We pray the same for you.

Our sincere condolences on your loss.

TJ & Lady Di
Thank you TJ, I appreciate it. I'm not rushing into another dog right now, it would be very hard to fill Sam's "paws" and heart she shared. When I feel the need for a dog again and/or the right one comes along, then I'll go from there.

I'm sorry for your loss as well and glad you shared your story.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #742

I lost my beautiful golden lab, Daisy, at 5:55 P.M. on May 13. She would have been 12 (by best estimates) on August 26. I became her adoptive dad 5 years and 8+ months ago.

She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma of the left front leg, as well as degenerative myelopathy of the spinal cord during a vet visit back in March. Both are rapidly progressing terminal diseases. Daisy was given 4-8 weeks when she was diagnosed, and lasted 6. On her final couple of days, she could no longer stand up without help, or walk more than a few steps.

She went everywhere with me in the RV, and filled my days with meaning when we were at home. This is a very lonely place right now. I have a month-long trip planned in July, and can honestly say I am not looking forward to it.

I love you and miss you, my sweet girl.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00771.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	249261   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01073.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	249262  

Tags