Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #491

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post
Our wonderful little Lilli westy has been our riding buddy for 12 and a half years. She always was a good girl and knew that when that air brake was put in park it was her turn to go outside and leave her mark. We bought our MH so we would never have to leave her when we went on vacation. Therefor she went everywhere we went. Always with us - everywhere!
My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you. We bought our RV for the exact same reason, so our pups could always go with us. And unfortunately you have to go through what many of us here already have. The hurt will fade quickly, but thankfully the memories will not.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #492

It isn't surprising how many RV'ers have bought RV's just so the pets could always be with us. Although the hurt still remains after 4 years,we cremated Benji and we still take him with us when we travel.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #493

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sad Day today

We had to put our beloved Boo down today. He had been suffering from a fibroid carcinoma on his hip for the past year, and the cancer finally got to his liver so the Vet said it was time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boo.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	590.1 KB
ID:	111552

Name:	Ginger & baby Boo.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	111553
He will now be with the girl that found him under a palm tree, he was near death at that time. We nursed him back to health and he had a good 12 1/2 years.

We will miss him and I'm sure his sister Shadow, and adopted sister Sweetie Pie will miss him too.

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #494

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Sincere condolences Ron, it is hard to watch the cross over.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #495

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron & Dee View Post
We will miss him and I'm sure his sister Shadow, and adopted sister Sweetie Pie will miss him too.

Ron
Very beautiful, sorry to hear about his situation and glad you gave him so many great years!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #496

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Condolences to you and your family, Ron. We lost our Siren over a month ago and she is missed.

We just adopted a kitten from a shelter and she will be coming home Thursday from the vet.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:28 AM   #497

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks

Thanks to all for your condolence and sympathy at this time. And I would like to send my condolence and sympathy to all of those before me. Our fur babies mean so much to us.

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #498

Fleetwood Owners Club
So sorry I know how bad you hurt.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #499
M2D

Our sympathies to all who have lost a pet recently. They have so much faith in us to do the right thing when their time comes but it is never easy to lose them.

M2D
M2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron & Dee View Post
We had to put our beloved Boo down today. He had been suffering from a fibroid carcinoma on his hip for the past year, and the cancer finally got to his liver so the Vet said it was time.

Attachment 111552

Attachment 111553
He will now be with the girl that found him under a palm tree, he was near death at that time. We nursed him back to health and he had a good 12 1/2 years.

Ron

No words can express how sorry we are for your loss. We had to do that same thing two months ago for our Ginger. Boo is eagerly waiting to see you again at the Rainbow Bridge. In the meantime, he's chasing butterflies and playing happily with those who crossed the Bridge ahead of him.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:08 AM   #501

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lost my Little Zoey last night

We had to put her to sleep, the ER Vet (Airport Fwy ER) said she was having some sort of seizures and her neural/brain damage was probably being caused by a stroke, or tumor.

She was fine on the trip till we got to last Friday night. Then couldn't walk, kept falling over to the left, thought it was inner ear infection/vestibular disease, but the ER Doc last night said no for sure it wasn.t

Sat eve we made it to north of Guthrie, OK and Sun morn I woke up and she looked like she was dying... I found that OSU in Stillwater had a 24 hour clinic, rushed her over there, they gave her anti nausea, benadryl shots, said it was probably vestibular, and didn't give me any indication of something worse.

Sun aft got home 1:00, carried her with her left side toward me in to the house and set her in her horseshoe bed, she laid there till around 4, no food, no water, couldn't drink or eat, and then around 4 started having convulsions and jerks.

Carried her to the ER Vet about 5:30, the Doc said her eyes and eye movement were not of vestibular, but nerological damage, and after they drew blood for bloodwork, she had another major seizure, and her eyes completely dilated and she was basically gone.

She (the doc) told me there was nothing they could do at that point, not fluids, iv, antibiotic, nothing....after a long decision (I called my friend Cheryl, the head of the rescue here to help me with this decision and put her on speaker phone with I and the doc) and the Doc telling me this was the last thing she would ever suggest unless it were in her heart belief what was best for Zoey.

So less than 48 hours after onset, she was gone.

I have lost another part of my heart and soul, my sweet Zoey.

She came to us 11-08-13, from the rescue as a return. The prior owner could no longer care for her and the rescue took her back and she landed at my home, playing with Angie and being a typical Lhasa the past 2 years.....Oh my gosh this is so so so hard..........
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20140901_124321_339.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	113036   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140502_090451_639.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	113037  

Name:	IMG_20140201_124423_525.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	113038   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150507_175931489.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	113039  

Name:	IMG_20150117_074905132.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	113040  
Old 11-30-2015, 09:19 AM   #502

So very sad. All of us are thinking of you today. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #503
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A great loss...
For you AND Susie and Angie.
Hold them close while you can

Be well
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:52 AM   #504
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Your post made me cry ... again. These creatures are such a huge part of our lives that losing one has to be so traumatic. There so many pets at the Rainbow Bridge that none of them can be lonesome. My heart goes out to you but knowing Zoey is no longer hurting has to be of some relief. One of the disadvantages of growing old is you lose so many pets and it never gets easier. Rescue another dog, it will make you both feel better.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog, service