Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2022, 08:01 PM   #869

So sorry for your loss. Our two girls get so excited when we start prepping for a trip. For them, they know they will get more time with us, even though my wife is retired and I now office from home. Not sure what my wife will do when we lose our cocker.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2022, 05:04 AM   #870

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you, and I'm very sorry for your loss - and everyone's on this site - for that matter. Most people I am friends with are pet people and understand the void you feel when you lose a pet. Every now and then (not too often) I meet someone who doesn't understand - I feel sorry for them, as they are missing out on so much love.

Joe was actually quite relaxed in that photo *) He had such a great sense of humor - but saved that for those he loved. Every one else got "the look" that clearly said "Go ahead try it" LOL. People would walk widely around us.

We still have two pets, but Joe well, was Joe, and made it be known he was there.

We are now small pet people again. Cameron the cat comes camping with us, although he gets annoyed at not being able to get out. We have a fenced yard at home so he can go out at home safely. Izzy is the poodle and she's still around and kicking *) She's 14 now, and well, way less happy about camping... She's losing her sight, so I get it. We do all we can to keep things as routine for her as we can. She's super easy, always has been. It's difficult watching pets age.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pretty Izzy2.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	356986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cam playing.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	412.5 KB
ID:	356987  

MaureenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:07 AM   #871

Newmar Owners Club
Mike and Carla - that was beautiful - I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing this, clearly she was loved.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:31 AM   #872

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Rainbow Bridge...

Thank you, MaureenB.

Thank you, MonacoMoma, for starting this thread!

To all those who posted before this, and to all those who will post after……

We are sorry for your loss.
We know how you feel.

Please accept our deepest sympathies.

Mike and Carla
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 09:56 AM   #873

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our beloved 4-legged daughter Sandy passed away yesterday, she brought so much joy in our life and went everywhere with us in our RV and other vehicles. She will be greatly missed our hearts are so sadden with her passing.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2022, 12:03 PM   #874

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Our beloved 4-legged daughter Sandy passed away yesterday, she brought so much joy in our life and went everywhere with us in our RV and other vehicles. She will be greatly missed our hearts are so sadden with her passing.
Sorry for your loss
Old 05-27-2022, 12:20 PM   #875

Sorry for all those that have lost pets recently.

We have had three cats pass in forty years of marriage. I was out camping by myself and DH related this to me. My male cat was in Dad's easy chair. Female cat came along and keep licking his head until he get up and moved to the carpet. Plenty of room on the couch. Both have sweet personalities. Adelle rules the house as she was here first. She is smaller than Mr. Chase.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:42 PM   #876

Send a message via Yahoo to Dsrtrider
pets

So sorry for your loss . Us pet owners realize the good times and the sorrow.
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 01:15 PM   #877

We lost one of our Labradoodles yesterday due to a freak accident. No ones fault really, but just the same I feel awful, hurt and extremely sad. Hershey (Kiss)was only 5 years old. His stepbrother Graham (Crackers), looked into Hershey's crate this morning, then looked up at me, then back to the crate and then me. I let Graham out for "morning potty" and he ran to the gate looking out hoping and hoping his big brother would be there. Those two were sole mates. Even to the point when I would let them out to go morning potty, they would walk side by side, and even pee standing next to each other.

I've cried about as much as I can. RIP Hershey Kiss
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8572.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	376683  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 03:45 PM   #878

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
We lost one of our Labradoodles yesterday due to a freak accident. No ones fault really, but just the same I feel awful, hurt and extremely sad. Hershey (Kiss)was only 5 years old. His stepbrother Graham (Crackers), looked into Hershey's crate this morning, then looked up at me, then back to the crate and then me. I let Graham out for "morning potty" and he ran to the gate looking out hoping and hoping his big brother would be there. Those two were sole mates. Even to the point when I would let them out to go morning potty, they would walk side by side, and even pee standing next to each other.

I've cried about as much as I can. RIP Hershey Kiss
Pete there is nothing I can post will take away the pain of losing your 4-legged kid. Most everyone who post here has experience your heartache and pain. We lost our girl about 4 months ago. We just adopted a rescue kid and that for us has ease a lot of pain but not the memories. We are sorry for your lost.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:17 PM   #879

Send a message via Yahoo to Dsrtrider
dogs

So sorry for your loss they can never really be replaced. Others will come and go and we love them all but in a different way.They all have their own personality.
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:02 PM   #880

Tiffin Owners Club
Oh Bigd9, I am so very sorry for your loss, Hershey was beautiful and those eyes look like they can see straight into one's soul. Bless your broken heart and Graham's as well.
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:02 AM   #881

Best buddy Cricket. Forever missed, never forgotten.

Retired Robotics Technician USAF DAV > May the Mass X Acceleration be with you!!<
Parafango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 06:02 AM   #882

Newmar Owners Club
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Tags
dog, service