Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #15

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
If your dog could talk......and you asked him (or she) if he wanted to go to a RV show and be there for 6-10 hours.......or stay home, eat, sleep, lay on the couch, favorite chair...........what do you think he would say?
X2
Come to think of it, I want to stay home and do the same!
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #16

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
If your dog could talk......and you asked him (or she) if he wanted to go to a RV show and be there for 6-10 hours.......or stay home, eat, sleep, lay on the couch, favorite chair...........what do you think he would say?

Heck... I know WHAT I said, but the DW corrected me and told me what i wanted to do...
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Had to laugh at this, my dog would definitely want to go... she loves meeting people and making her new best friends for life...I get a bit embarrassed about her enthusiasm for greeting people. the longer it has been since she has seen you, the longer she carries on....LOL! I would not take her, only so I could get to see the RV's instead of being drug to the next person around to get greeted!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I live in Jersey and here, none of the state parks allow dogs. We always found it odd that only here and Hawaii have that a policy.

Over the years we found out why. People just don't seem to give a crap about picking up after their dogs! I assume it's because most are the tiny cat like breeds and maybe their owners feel it's too small of a load to worry about. I have two good size bird dogs and we're out all the time walking around so we see this at every CG.

Eventually the laziness of these owners will ruin it for everyone. If you're a dog owner and you see someone walking with a dog and catch them not picking up after their dog, be sure to say something.
NJ and Hawaii are not alone .. there is only 1 state campground in CT that allows dogs. I guess the states figure it's better to ban all dogs than risk litigation in a case that my involve an RV'er with a dog.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Are you kidding?

Quote:
We have to spell it out if we are going someplace. If we intend on taking him all we say is ... "Duke, you want to go bye bye.?" He will run you over to get to the door!

In fact if we are going someplace any one of us, he attacks us and gets in front of the door.

Places like Home Depot, Bass Pro Shops are all dog friendly. I have worked at both places 5 years each and can tell you a lot of people bring in their dogs and customers and staff often want to engage the pets.

Our Duke, loves going there and gets a lot of attention. Too much. However if we were going for 8-10 hours to a place like that we probably would elect to leave him home. Not that he is not well behaved just the simplicity of not having to watch over him that long.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote