Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2021, 07:37 PM   #1

Where do your dogs sleep in your RV?

We just bought our first 5th wheel (37ft) and we are planning on traveling a lot since we are both newly retired. We have 2 medium size cow dogs about 45 pounds each. Where do you all put dog beds in your 5th wheel?
brat591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2021, 07:42 PM   #2

The mini Aussie sleeps with us. She’s only 27 pounds but manages to hog a good amount of the bed. The rat dog belongs to my daughter and sleeps with her. The fat Maltipoo fends for himself. Usually under the dinette.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #3

They start out the night sleeping with us but then they usually get down & go to their dog beds.
brat591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:03 PM   #4

Our ex-police dog (rest her soul) was crate trained and would put herself to bed at night. While traveling she did the same. Her house was her safe place.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:35 PM   #5

Any place she wants too.. Usually with her head facing the front door.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:46 PM   #6

Our 78# Border Collie/Lab had HER spot in dog bed on the floor of the bedroom closet

When in living room she would lay in the middle of floor then when we went to bed she would crawl into HER spot to sleep
*course it was in my half of the bedroom closet
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:35 PM   #7

We started out with our dogs (25lbs and 35lbs) crated, but as they grew up and became trustworthy we gave them free reign. Usually one sleeps with us and the other sleeps next to the bed or under the table.
hippopapamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:35 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
well ours took over the dinette/bed... I need a bigger RV 30ft C is not enough..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	treeontable.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	340726  
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:35 AM   #9

Our 4 small dogs (2 papillons and 2 rat terriers ) travel in 2 crates. At night one sleeps on the couch 2 in the crates and the small papillon sleeps in bed with us. Most times even during the day , the dogs prefer to sleep in the crates.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:38 AM   #10

Same as at home, with us.
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; SumoSprings Front; Timbren Springs Rear; Safe-T-Plus; 2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507; Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785; Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2,RVWhisper
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:44 AM   #11

Our 50 lb Border Collie sleeps with us, on the jack knife couch/bed. It's pretty big with just the two of us, like on the last trip where we left her home with a family member, but not so big with a dog in the middle.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:12 PM   #12

All,
My 15 year old rescue starts with me in bed, then moves to the front seat when she hears something outside.

dcb in VT
DCBinVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 02:57 PM   #13

Bentley - Ditto on "Anywhere he wants to.:

Bentley, being a Service Dog, has a serious affliction that many, if not most, Service Dogs seem to catch. His diagnosis is "Chronically Spoiled". When we are traveling his favorite spot is the stairwell cover over the entry stairs. I have added a back side to this cover to prevent him from leaning against the entry door. I know that it has a deadbolt lock on it, but I just won't risk anything happening to him, so I suppose it is more for me than for him.

When we are just stopping on the road, for fuel, to give him a bathroom break, and just some exercise, he crawls up onto one of the couches. He actually "supervises" whatever is being done, changing the side couch on the side of the RV I am on. Of course, when I am fixing something in the galley he positions himself so as to be 100% certain that he gets at least a bit of whatever I am fixing, watches carefully to be sure that I fix his dinner the same way that I do at home, and he is somewhat obsessive about keeping the floor area clean by ensuring that if I drop something on the floor there will be no issue about the "five(5)-second rule, nor will allow it to stay there long enough to attract any animals other than himself.

Bedtime he sleeps on the bed with me until he is sure that I am asleep, where he settles into a position where he can look down the center aisle unless it is warm outside, in which case he positions himself under on of the air conditioning units that are turned on.

It has been a while since I was really feeling up to traveling much, but hopefully I will be getting the RV safety and operationally checked our, the necessary repairs completed and perhaps we can 'Snowbird' for a bit this winter. And, of course, find a good hunting spot during the season and perhaps shoot some of the wild hogs that have become a menace back home.
forensics.dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:36 AM   #14

Our two 1 year old shepherds sleep on the floor. They like to go back and forth from the carpet to linoleum depending on temperature. Once I am up at 6:30 with the baby, it seems my spot in bed is free game.
Duster73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog, dogs