Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2022, 12:28 PM   #141

Park sure sounds like a great bargain. You should post the name so others on these forums can enjoy it. We should all help out fellow RV’ers whenever possible. Thanks in advance.
Bigceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2022, 08:16 PM   #142

Quail Ridge Rv Resort 2207 n.yucca dr Huachuca city Az
parcany2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:25 PM   #143

I stayed at an RV park just outside Tombstone that sounds similar to "park A". It had full hookups, bathrooms, showers, laundry, a swimming pool and some other improvements that made me think it was a reasonable price, especially being right next to a tourist attraction.
Raider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:27 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider47 View Post
I stayed at an RV park just outside Tombstone that sounds similar to "park A". It had full hookups, bathrooms, showers, laundry, a swimming pool and some other improvements that made me think it was a reasonable price, especially being right next to a tourist attraction.
Could be, just down the hill from tombstone.
parcany2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:12 PM   #145

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
As far as feral cats, that is a human issue. People getting cats and not fixing them. Or deciding to let them loose because they no longer want them, they move, or die. Responsible pet parents try to anticipate that by talking to friend/family about that but it applies to dogs. People ignoring feral cat populations instead of reporting the to a local rescue group so they can do trap, fix, release. Or adopt them out as barn cats.
And this is exactly how we have ended up with 11 cats!! And yes, we take them in the motorhome. They do well and we have not ever had to pay an additional charge for them though we always tell the campground that we have indoor cats with us, we also used to take our lovebird with us-but only had 8 cats at that time.
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:11 PM   #146

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
6 cats?!
There used to be a TV show about that.

I have 6 dogs & 3 cats.......
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:57 PM   #147

We used to RV with a cat and a dog. The first cat was very old and would sit outside if everyone else, particularly her dog, was outside. But she mostly stayed inside. We took her camping in a popup from the time we got her until she passed away. We had her for a little over 15 years. The second cat started traveling and camping (in the popup, later in a Class C) when she was 6mo old. That one wore a dog harness, weighed 20lbs and liked to go for walks on her leash in the early mornings when the campground was still fairly quiet. If I didn't keep her on a leash, she would have eaten a few dogs. She seemed to find the little ones fascinating. And the big ones she would have liked to get into a fight with (she generally won). I ALWAYS told the campgrounds we were in that we had both a dog and a cat. I wanted them to know that we had pets in case something happened to us or our camper. I put signs in the windows stating our cellphone numbers in case there was a problem with the pets and someone needed to contact us. Currently have a dog. Park knows we have a dog. A very quiet 7yo one as she has been living in campgrounds/rv parks since she was 6mo old. Greyhounds/Galgos make great RV pets since they are very cat-like in that they sleep for 18+ hours a day and are up possibly for 6 hours which has two 30 minutes walks squeezed in. It may be more since they tend to sleep with their eyes open. Although they do roo (sing the ancestral dirges of their people), some more than others. Our Galgo tends to only sing about once a year. It lasts about 1 minute. But that may be because she has only met one other greyhound since we got her. It was a rescued racer who was afraid of everyone and everything.
LMHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:21 PM   #148

Thank you to everyone that rescues.

I have a trip planned for the week prior to Memorial Day, if anyone wants to wander past my RV that will be filled with spoiled rescue kitties - we will be in Orlando. I don't expect the park will care, but even then - I tried their reservation system and it was counting "pets" the same as "adults" and refused to allow the total number. Oh well. The number of people is accurate. "pets" is not so much.
Old 04-17-2022, 11:57 AM   #149

I have a cat that will always accompany me wherever I go. I have never had to pay an additional charge for my cat.
Nora R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat