Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #71

Paying for cats

I won't pay a fee for having an inside cat. I'll go elsewhere
Pam Robison is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2021, 04:57 PM   #72

We just stayed at a KOA in Seward, AK. I was not charged a pet fee for 3 dogs. That campground was amazing!Click image for larger version

Name:	20210809_080744.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	339350
Mallardhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:59 PM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRBgigi View Post
I’ve never encountered a single CG that charged a pet fee. What state was this and what type campground?
We have two 8 lb dogs, is that one or two? Seriously, thought main reason was limiting two pets. I have only seen a sur charge at hotels assuming extra cleaning for pet hair and or possibility of fleas.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:09 PM   #74

The big gray cat that lives here has a dog and 2 humans. I do not know if the cat declares us or not when we checkin to a CG.

We have never been charged extra for a pet, perhaps the Cat lies.

If possible, we chose to stay in COE, City & State Parks and National Parks. I find them more comfortable than most KoA, etc., etc.
Igeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:13 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 716 View Post
In all my years of traveling, including 6 years full timing, I have always been asked about pets. We also have an indoor only cat. Everytime we reply that we have a cat. We have never been charged a pet fee.
Thank you. This is the proper response. A cat is a pet.

pet

Definitions

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

• noun An animal kept for enjoyment or companionship.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:23 PM   #76

Wintering for 3 months and at least 15 different parks every year for 10 with 2 dogs and never charged for them. First year was 20 KOA campgrounds, also not charged. Since you have to have dogs leashed and you clean up after them why charge for them either?
Old 08-12-2021, 05:27 PM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
JJ...because they can....
Old 08-12-2021, 05:56 PM   #78

I think, on our morning or nightly walks, I will start noting which sites I see a cat in an RV and let the management know. They may not care, and then again they might. I'll leave that up to them.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:16 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
CG Pet Rules/Policy,,,,,,,got a PET you pay for PET

Have you actually been charged Extra for your inside CAT?
If so....what did that CG tell you for reason??
And what CG was this at?

IF you told them they probably would not charge for an Indoor PET...be it cat, gold fish, parrot, monkey
*Course they may cause you have a PET and it MAY go outside......

Bottom line.....bet it has to do with their Insurance Policy
Those underwriters can get particular about coverage
I would absolutely failed to ever return to that campground again ever there’s more than one
rolypoly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:36 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
Yes.

That it was their policy. I told them it was an indoor cat but they said it did not matter. Charging for pets was their policy. This is a family owned park and they made the decision to charge for all pets, indoor or not.

Faywood Mineral Water and RV Park, at Faywood, NM about 30 miles north of Deming, NM.

We stopped going because of the extra charge for the cat. This was perhaps 3 or 4 years ago but I called them recently and asked if the policy was still in effect, and they said yes. Bring a cat, pay a fee.

However I should also say that this is the only place that we have ever been told that an indoor cat requires an extra fee.

And there it is in a nutshell.
Their Business/Their Policy......

Pay or go else where

WHY LIE about it!
Does your word mean anything

Simple.............
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:07 PM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH3rd View Post
We have adopted and cared for 4 cats over the last 35 years. Our cat (1) never goes outside - we have screened in porches at home and when the weather permits, the cat has pedestal on which to perch and watch the animals and happening outside.

One of the first things we did after getting our MH was to introduce the cat to her new coach. The same situation prevails ion the MH - the cat never sets paw outside.

MY Question is WHY IS THERE AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR PET(S) for animals that don't go outside the coach? Does this charge apply to fish or parrots or hamsters? If it does, why?

Inquiring mind wants to know.
I never pay extra for our two cats that travel with us. I’m fact, when they ask about pets, I say no because they will never be outside.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:54 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDriv View Post
Pets = Dogs. At every KOA I have been to, they asked about pets, when I said I have a cat, they said 'no, we want to know about dogs'. So, Cats are not pets only dogs.
So true. You don't own a cat...it owns you. Just try to tell cats what to do like a dog.
dtucker300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:55 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH3rd View Post
We have adopted and cared for 4 cats over the last 35 years. Our cat (1) never goes outside - we have screened in porches at home and when the weather permits, the cat has pedestal on which to perch and watch the animals and happening outside.

One of the first things we did after getting our MH was to introduce the cat to her new coach. The same situation prevails ion the MH - the cat never sets paw outside.

MY Question is WHY IS THERE AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR PET(S) for animals that don't go outside the coach? Does this charge apply to fish or parrots or hamsters? If it does, why?

Inquiring mind wants to know.

Some camps are tired of dealing with bad campers improper disposal of cat litter would be my first guess and also having to deal with cat hair in their laundry equipment as people wash things that the cats have come into contact with. Other campers who are allergic to cats may be complaining too about the cat residue left behind in the washers and driers so it becomes more costly for them to have extra staff to deal with more frequently checking and cleaning Cat from their laundry areas.

Since my wife's cat died the Air Conditioner, washer and drier have all been much easier to keep clean and we go through much fewer filters and vacuum cleaner bags. Taking out the trash is much more pleasant too since there is no longer up to a weeks worth of used cat litter festering out in the Florida Sun sitting in there.

Once I no longer had a cat in the house it became more obvious when others did as they can leave an detectable odor on your clothes and not just inside your home. Left me concerned about how many times I may have left the house with detectable cat odor.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:01 PM   #84

My cats, my coach. Never mention them.
autumnspell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat