Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:39 AM   #29

Different Perspective

I’ve been divorced for about 15 years and live alone. Not really alone I have a dog who thinks she is a person. I am on my second coach preceded by a couple of tiny TT’s. I’ve never given any serious thought about not going solo. One of my boys will join me usually at a destination of interest to them for a few days but for the most part it is the dog and I. I’ve resisted having a partner join me and think of my situation as normal for me. I had my girlfriend on a short holiday trip a couple of years ago and we both had a good time and neither have either of us suggested a repeat.

Don’t fix it if it isn’t broke.
markminnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2018, 03:48 AM   #30

More positives

8. Longer between dumping your holding tanks.
9. I can use the whole bed and nobody steals my covers!

I travel usually with a group of singles so that gives me the social interaction but then I can step away when I need my solitude!
Blaklily56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:55 AM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Number 8 - good point!

Number 9 - doesn’t apply here. Despite only being 8# each, both of my furkids are bed and cover hogs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypom View Post
I just lost my soulmate of 42 years. We bought our Dutchstar when he was in remission. Now I have to go it alone or not at all. I don't mind living in my RV, but I might be lonely traveling alone with no one to share the experience with. I'm thinking I might try a trip or two and then decide if I want to sell it or not. I would love to find a travel companion, but sometimes it's not worth sacrificing your privacy. There's a lot for me to figure out! Starting with how to hook up the car!
Ah sorry for your loss. Lots of friendly people out there and sure they'll help if you need it figuring out the car hookup. I'm in NJ "down the shore" and would help if you were close by.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:29 PM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I was married four times and retired at 51.
I should add the my late DW was diagnosed with liver cancer and we didn't quite make 30 yrs of marriage. Miss her a lot, but trying out single travel with my 6 cats. Not sure yet if I'm going to like it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:43 PM   #34

10. Can use the latrine and leave the door open, no poopoori required.

I'll air it out in the morning.
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:54 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
When DW doesn’t come along i get to do all the following after work:
1) do my own laundry
2) vacuum - i can go with the grain or against it
3) bed linens
4) clean the RV
5) cook for one
6) do dishes
7) grocery shop
8) be the one who is always last in the shower so I get to wipe it down everyday to avoid spots

Never thought I would be this lucky
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #36

HaHa you've got some major obligation there with 6 cats...hair everywhere and lots of poops to shovel!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #37

Thanks Computerguy. Long Island is not so far from Jersey, but most of the time I'll be snowbirding in Florida.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypom View Post
I just lost my soulmate of 42 years. We bought our Dutchstar when he was in remission. Now I have to go it alone or not at all. I don't mind living in my RV, but I might be lonely traveling alone with no one to share the experience with. I'm thinking I might try a trip or two and then decide if I want to sell it or not. I would love to find a travel companion, but sometimes it's not worth sacrificing your privacy. There's a lot for me to figure out! Starting with how to hook up the car!
Ask someone in the CG any CG. Most would be happy to show you. Fellow Rvers are great teachers.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:46 AM   #39

I have been divorced for 15 years and I love solo RVing. Just me and my little pup. I meet a lot of nice folks inm y travels. I may be an exception to the rule because I love to cook. I never cook for 1. I make enough to last for a week then I can nuke a quicky meal when traveling, no need for restaurants.
I also enjoy the peace and solitude of camping in the desert or along a lake side at sunset.
And I can pass gas or walk around in my underwear and no complains about it. Laundry, yeah it's a pain but still beats mowing the yard, trimming the hedges, and putting on a new roof.
Maintenance on the motorhome, sure but I enjoy working on it much more than working on a house. I am a DIY kind of guy.
rhanson5911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #40

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhanson5911 View Post
I have been divorced for 15 years and I love solo RVing. Just me and my little pup. I meet a lot of nice folks inm y travels. I may be an exception to the rule because I love to cook. I never cook for 1. I make enough to last for a week then I can nuke a quicky meal when traveling, no need for restaurants.
I also enjoy the peace and solitude of camping in the desert or along a lake side at sunset.
And I can pass gas or walk around in my underwear and no complains about it. Laundry, yeah it's a pain but still beats mowing the yard, trimming the hedges, and putting on a new roof.
Maintenance on the motorhome, sure but I enjoy working on it much more than working on a house. I am a DIY kind of guy.
Except for the cooking part, that's me! I've always got an RV project in progress and so many more waiting for me to start.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhanson5911 View Post
Similar here. No pets though. I love my freedom to come and go at will
Old 11-04-2018, 01:17 AM   #42

Smile

I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe some music will help with the quiet and I have a lot of very interesting conversations with myself often. Good Luck
Cheri
Cherilanet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving, solo