Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to markwho40 Send a message via Yahoo to markwho40 Send a message via Skype™ to markwho40
any travel companions

has any solo fulltime rvers ever had a travel companon to travel with and if so wheres a good place to look for one and what to look for and id like to here from any one who has and what all did they help with please thank you
markwho40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
I met a women in Deming N.M. She was leaving the same time as I and asked if we wanted to travel together? Both of us had our own rigs and it has been wonderful. we share the cooking and five eachother space when needed.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to markwho40 Send a message via Yahoo to markwho40 Send a message via Skype™ to markwho40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryegal View Post
I met a women in Deming N.M. She was leaving the same time as I and asked if we wanted to travel together? Both of us had our own rigs and it has been wonderful. we share the cooking and five eachother space when needed.
thank you for that but for me im looking for a travel buddy that dont have there own rv but want to travel with me
markwho40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #4

Travel Companions

Try Match.com
jeepersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #5

Mark, I share your desire. I have had a small rv for over a year now and am still timid about hitting the road alone. I have taken a few trips with members of my family, but not being a perfect long term fit, that gets old fast.....particularly when that person is my mother. As to how having someone with me helps, the best perk is that they share the expenses! One person mentioned Match.com.....that is for people looking for a love connection.....it that's what you are looking for then it is a good idea. If not, and you only want a friend, then I'm not sure. I have decided to make an effort to meet other singles on this site and others, just to have someone to meet up with and hopefully make enough friends that I will stay busy meeting up with them somewhere. Traveling alone can seem lonely. The only time I have ever camped alone was in a campground close to home and I felt absolutely out of place. But I'm not giving up!
smiybrneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
laj

Mark, i think you need to be a little more specific what you are looking for. There are lots of females out there that are willing to use you that will go with you. Are you looking for one to share the expenses, a long term relationship with so you have someone to argue with you, for just one trip. If you feel the need just to fit in, your with the wrong people. Lots of rver's out there you can fit with, and even form a caravan with that will give you more fun then you can handle. Just remember, there's a reason those females are alone, not good ones either. Mo
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Laj - did u just alienate single women world wide. Wow. This should be good. Yikes brother. What were you thinking?

Single women - I do not know this laj person.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
laj

No no no, my point was be specific in what you want, looking for, and just be careful. Lots of good ones, just as many bad ones. I run into both all the time.
You get in with some good ones more fun then you can handle.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Browneyes - one of the great things about RVing is freedom. Not just freedom to go / see / do - but freedom to be and really know yourself. There are no bosses or expectations exerted on you by others.

I think if you were to stretch out somewhere in a nice place for a week on your own you'd find most perceived barriers dropping away quickly. Sure there are unknowns and risks but you can't worry about everything. I'm not a solo or a woman - but I'm not a Kung Fu macho man either. We all have a vulnerabilities but we can't stay locked away in a prison of our own making either. Keep your wits about you and enjoy the good life and some quiet time with you. I've done it in the past but was taken prisoner by Annie a dozen years or so ago.

Stay with this forum - there several great women and men solos posting here from which I have learned a lot from reading their posts. They will surely advise. I will now go back to where I belong and leave you solos to it.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Laj - did u just alienate single women world wide. Wow. This should be good. Yikes brother. What were you thinking?
I'm not single, but should I- er- "respond" to that previous post on behalf of The Sisterhood? : :
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
laj

Not if you still want me to buy you off rofl
Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca
I'm not single, but should I- er- "respond" to that previous post on behalf of The Sisterhood? : :
Lol - laj attempted to redeem himself (herself) - who really knows who / what any of us are? Lol. I think most of the toothpaste is back in the tube - but again - not female - not solo - and I did promise to go away.... Btw - I've not been around here long, but I've never known you to ask permission - that must be some New Years Resolution list you have there Francesca. Hugs
Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
He did?
Well...O.K....Guess I'll let it go...this time......

By the way, I wasn't asking you 'cause I thought you were one of "us"- it was really sort of a warning. I do my best to avoid collateral damage when Preparing to Fire
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #14

"Just remember, there's a reason those females are alone, not good ones either." Same applies to men!
smiybrneyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel