Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #701

Hi Ryegal. I just recently joined this solo forum. I've noticed it doesn't have a lot of activity. Enjoy your stay.
wydglydrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #702

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
Hello

Hi Wy, I don't know where everyone is this used to be very interesting. Maybe the weather is still good where they are and some go to Fl. Just keep coming. Do you like solo traveling? I love it as I can go anytime I want. Are you Full time? I'm now as of Oct 9th. It is going to be 778 and sunny here in Deming today with a high of 85 by Friday, now 85 is a little to hot for me but its only one day.everything is cheaper here gas I got for $3.11 2 days ago. Take care
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #703

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
It was swimming weather in Houston this past weekend. Love Texas!!! I pulled into the Thousand Trails at Medina Lake last night to a beautiful sunset. The weather turned cooler today and the deer are out. It is beautiful here!
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #704

Well, I have some procedures to have done on my heart. Then I'm going to drive my 1987 Falcon 190 from Portland, Oregon, to Vancouver, BC. From there across Canada to Newfoundland, down to Maine, then New York City. I've found a place which will fly one around NYC in a helicopter for $275. Always wanted to see NYC. On to Washington, DC, where I have friends and will take as long as possible to see what I can.

Down to New Orleans for some seafood, on to Tucson to see relatives, over to Death Valley and then to Tonopah, NV. I just like that place. Up to Klamath Falls, OR, for more friends and then home. There are a lot of items on my bucket list there, Civil War battlefields for instance. May duck into Mexico, never been kidnapped before. Or decapitated.

That's the plan. Lots of work to do beforehand. Degrease and undercoat the underside of the RV, the best snow tires, 3 pairs of chains, as cable chains can't be repaired, heat tape to be applied to exposed areas which hold water, the addition of a 5 gallon tank of propane to the 7 gallon already there. Add a 6 or 8 gallon tank for extended run for the Honda EU 2000i generator to give me the capacity to dry camp for 10 or 11 days and stay warm if I get stuck.

Also want to add a rotating TV antenna on the roof, and a rotating WIFI antenna for picking up the Starbuck and McDonalds and other free internet sources. And a TV mount and computer monitor. It's a challenge to make an office in that thing. Am replacing the older couch-bed with a futon which is also a chaise lounge.

Just have to get past that pesky heart stuff.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #705

WOW! That is one ambitious itinerary as I have ever seen. Good luck and happy traveling to you, have a safe journey.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #706

Vintage RV Owners Club
well this will teach me not to complain as it went from the 80,s to 22 Did I ever tell you there are 2 things I don't like hot weather and cold and we have had both in one week. Hang in there wy. Have you ever thought of checking out loners on wheels? They are a group of singles and we have fun. check it out online.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #707

Vintage RV Owners Club
Izzy sure glad to see you back please post more often we miss you!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #708

Thanks Ryegal. I am ususally lurking. I just came back from San Antonio, Tx. Great RV c/g's out there. Prefer to Florida, except for wind. Spent quite a lot of time parked on a cattle ranch. Not much human companionship, but sure enjoyed the wild nature and serenity.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #709

Vintage RV Owners Club
heading for az .On the 4th of dec. and going to have solar panels mounted on my rv then boondocking here I come!! so excited It get very cold here in Deming at night!. too cold for me.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #710

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Bowser: Good luck with the "heart stuff". Strange time to head in that direction with regard to your trip... but good luck with that too. Did you check to see if the choppers fly during the timeframe you will be in NYC? Give Obama a kiss when you are in D.C. LOL
Maggie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #711

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Singles 55+ RV Park in FL

I'm just sharing info with all the other solos.. you can check out the website. If anyone has stayed here... give the forum some feedback.

RV park for singels over 55
MotorHome Magazine Share
RV parks and resorts often compete with one another on price, location and the quality of their amenities and service. But Florilow Oaks RV Park in Bushnell, Fla., sets itself apart using another criteria: it's one of the nation’s only 55-and-over parks for single RVers. And it's the only park of its kind where single RVers can purchase ownership rights to their campsites, according to Park Manager Kathryn Lane. "The park was originally started by five women from Vermont who were either single or widowed. They started it as a park for singles," Lane explained.More
Old 12-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #712

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi everyone!
I am not able to be a full-timer yet but usually spend 4 to 5 months on the road. This year my daughter is getting married at the end of January so I am not able to leave as early as I usually do. I just sold my Tiffin Allegro Bus and have an Entegra on order in Florida.
Hoping to pick it up in Tampa mid February. I have spent the last three winters in Arizona with the WINS Wandering Individuals Network. I don't know any singles in Florida
and am hoping to find some this year to hang out with. Anyone going to be in Florida this winter? I also travel with two dogs and an Amazon parrot. I love being in my bus and being totally free to do what I want. Love to try new things and meet new people. Hope some of you are going to be south this year.
Linda
tamaridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #713

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
iRV2 FL Solos

Hey Linda... welcome! FL has a very large chapter of RVing Women (national organization) so you might want to check their website to see where they are meeting each month while you are in FL. I won't be going to FL this winter. I only know of two other solos who have logged in that are in FL, they may contact you through iRV2. Congrats on the new rig! Stay in touch.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #714

Texas Boomers Club
Leaving Houston the last week of Jan for AZ. This will be my maiden journey to AZ. Will be visiting with many other solos at Quartzsite in Feb. Then I plan on going to the RGV for several weeks.