Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Where are you? What's going on in your life? What do you have planned in the following months? We want to hear!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #2

Let me start out telling what's going on in my life! I have put my baby (my RV) in storage for a month to stay with my son and help him with some life-problems. It's in a covered storage space and it should be fine . . . but I miss my home! While I'm going through this "down time" I'm going to complete the upholstering of the valances and the re-wallpapering and hopefully get the carpet replaced before I move back in. I also have an appointment August 1st to have the Gear Vendor checked out and to have it inspected from top to bottom. Plans are to leave Colorado as soon as the weather cools down Arizona way . . . Fancy and Gracie miss sitting in the front window and watching the world go by!! It will be fun heading out with a newly decorated RV though!!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #3

I wanted to introduce everyone to Gracie - as in GraciesMom. Gracie had a very eventful day yesterday. She spent her first full day as my certified service dog. That consisted of going to the grocery store, to see The Dark Knight in a movie theater, and then out to eat!!

Gracie was rescued from a puppy mill in Redding, California in November 2007. She lived in a small trailer with 75 other chihuahuas, breeding indiscriminately on top of waste material and then having her puppies taken away at 5 weeks of age, only to breed at the next cycle. She knows that there is one good human in the world - me - and by having her trained as my service dog, she'll now learn that there are more good people in the world. She was a sack of bones at 2 pounds when I got her - she's now up to 4 pounds!!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #4

Awww, Gracie is one cute little dog... Thanks for sharing the photo.

jan
IslandMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #5

Quote:
my certified service dog
What kind of service dog is she? What does she do? How did you get her certified?

JAXFL
JAXFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:33 PM   #6

You are to be commended Gracie's Mom. Any one willing to rescue a defenseless abused animal is a saint.
As for my self, I am about to go on a road trip down through the Smoky Mts for a week or so. Not taking the coach, it is in covered storage for the hot weather. Then in September, I will hit the road in the coach on some relatively short trips of a week at a time. Then get ready for the long haul to Florida for the winter, albeit not as enthused as when the DW was with me.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:28 AM   #7

Homer - Where do you winter in Florida? I was thinking of heading back to Key West, but I think I'm going to stay around Arizona and New Mexico this year. There's so much I haven't seen there and winter is definitely the time to do that!! I can't imagine what you are going through after the loss of your wife. Just take it one day at a time and remember, you have a lot of friends out here if you need a "shoulder". The lifestyle you've chosen affords you so many more opportunities to meet and enjoy new people and have joy in your life. Safe travels my friend!!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #8

Gracie's Mom ----I winter in the Port Charlotte area on the west coast. This year will make the 9th year. Super nice resort called Riverside RV Resort. I did not go last year, DW came down with pneumonia, just 3 days prior to our leaving.
Thank you for your kind sentiments. Life must go on.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #9

Hi again. Where do you get those maps to post that show where you have been? I saw them in the US at Walmart as decals to put on your MH window but I do not like that idea much...

Also, is it legit to put on places you have already been, no matter how you got there?...like by air or something.If that applies, it gives me a head start on reducing options to places on my wishlist that I have not yet been LOL!

And Gracie's Mom, take that little pooch to Idaho...Now that is a beautiful spot. Stay in a place called Village of Trees and go fishing in their private fishing pond......I loved it on the Snake River and will be back there for sure...

jan
Old 07-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
RIGHT HERE!

One good thing about RVing, you get to make your own rules.

Some mark a state only if they spent the night, others if they drove through, or as you mentioned.

Some probably could fill the map with states they have broke down in.

Suit thyself, sister!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:43 PM   #11

Thanks so much Dirk!! Wow!! Ask and ye shall receive on this site LOL.

I have another question. What are 'tail-enders'?

jan
Old 07-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #12

Yeah Dirk - what IS a tail ender? LOL! That's a new one on me . . . .
Old 08-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
A tail ender is the coach at the end of a group in a tour. They are usually responsible for things like making sure everyone one is on the road and they take care of the breakdowns etc. They do a lot more but that is the short version.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #14

Sounds like a lot of responsibility, huh? Never toured with a group . . . I didn't run well in formation in the Marines and I'm not sure how I'd do on a tour either!! Thanks for the response . . . learn something new every day!!!