Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:08 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg12 View Post
After several failed attempts at having a travel partner, I got a dog. Sometimes I do wish for close human interaction and I realize that is up to me to do. When I return home a loving dog is always waiting.
If it werent for my dog Id be 6ft under. Simple fact.
Barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #86

I plan to be solo and plan to be boondocking 99% of the time. Never married and no children. Will be retired at 50 years old (in a few years) and will only have my cat with me (and possibly a Lhasa Apso). It all depends on what my cat allows me to do. She gets along with dogs, but new ones might freak her out a bit when I start traveling which would be another freakout for her.

I am alone now and I do not feel lonely at all. I am an introvert, and I plan on soloing 100% of the time. Unless I find people to travel with that like the same areas I like.

My loop will take me from CA to NV to AZ and NM, then up to ND/SD and back down through Idaho and Nevada. Plan to stay in the western USA for the rest of my life, and plan to boondock for the rest of my life.
Pyropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #87

"I'm not single, I'm in a long term relationship... with freedom!" - an Anon internet user.

YMMV, etc.

Solo_RV_Guy
Old 08-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #88

The downside to RVing solo is the lack of co-pilot.
There were enough occasions when I was driving solo when I wished there was another human with me to plan the next stop. This is especially true when it is getting dark and I want to stop for the night.
Then again my wife usually falls asleep when I am driving and on more than one occasion went to the bedroom after deciding that the bed is more comfortable than the passenger seat.
OldBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #89

For me

No Wife

No RV.

Not going to happen.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:21 AM   #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk909er View Post
I am contemplating becoming a full time RVer. Many things are changing and it looks like a possibility that my marriage may end so I am looking at options and this full time RVing looks very appealing to me. I think my biggest concern is being lonely.

I don't want to be isolated and lonely, I would like to hear from some men especially what their experience is on this topic. Is this a fulfilling way to live and what about boredom or is there a way to keep engaged with others.

I am 58 and can totally retire from the government in 4 years but depending on my wife I may need to sell out everything sooner and I could buy an RV and stay here in San Diego until I retire.
Full time RVing doesn’t have to be alone. You will find RVers as a rule, are very friendly. Many people who fulltime will tell you they are more socially active now than when they lived in a s&b.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:44 AM   #91

I like the peace & quiet.
Just spent the Summer (June, July) in Alaska.
Drove solo from Florida.
Too old to have pets now, but sure liked our dogs.
(Rhodesian Ridgebacks, passed away now)
Only child, introverted.
People tend to get underfoot.
Married 35 years now, she generally leaves me alone, and that works.
winningbagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
For me

No Wife

No RV.

Not going to happen.
I hear that.. For me it's the same thing, but exchange wife for pets My little girl cat is a year and a few months old. I was going to wait to buy a dog because I didn't want to get one now, and end up leaving when she's a senior dog at 10 or so years old. Was hoping to start fulltiming in 4 years though.

I have been going through everything I wanted to take with me, and everything I am going to sell and damn, I didn't know I had so much stuff. Closet full of pokemon/baseball cards that are probably worth thousands of dollars.

Wanted to get a brown Lhasa like my brown one that had died last year. Still miss her, but she was an awesome little dog so I want the same type and color.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #93

It was strange at first but the more I camp the more I like it. I miss having someone to share it with. My little Beagle Dachshund mix is great company but not like having my late wife along. I live in Washington state and have a new lady friend in Florida. I am thinking of relocating basing the RV in FL and going full time. We'll see how this relationship works out.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
It was strange at first but the more I camp the more I like it. I miss having someone to share it with. My little Beagle Dachshund mix is great company but not like having my late wife along. I live in Washington state and have a new lady friend in Florida. I am thinking of relocating basing the RV in FL and going full time. We'll see how this relationship works out.
I will have growing pains I believe too. Right now most of the words out of my mouth at home are towards my cats. I have a sister and brother in-law that I think I have talked into joining me for at least 3-6 months out of the year and my brother who is an avid bike rider I am trying to talk into boondocking with me when I am in Moab.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:07 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
So I have a beautiful RV lot in Fort Myers, Florida but would like to spend more time in Washington state in the summers. I have a daughter who lives near Seattle, and I think Washington is beautiful. I lost my husband last April 2018 from pancreatic cancer. I am 60 years old and am adventurous and full of life. I am looking for a companion. If not, it may be time to sell the RV. It’s too much for a little woman by herself. Yes I just completed an 8,000 plus cross country trip with a friend, but it’s a lot of work too.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypom View Post
So I have a beautiful RV lot in Fort Myers, Florida but would like to spend more time in Washington state in the summers. I have a daughter who lives near Seattle, and I think Washington is beautiful. I lost my husband last April 2018 from pancreatic cancer. I am 60 years old and am adventurous and full of life. I am looking for a companion. If not, it may be time to sell the RV. It’s too much for a little woman by herself. Yes I just completed an 8,000 plus cross country trip with a friend, but it’s a lot of work too.
Pattypom, I hope you find someone to share this with. Washington is a beautiful state, especially from May through October. I think I have found someone to share my travels with but we are over 3,000 miles apart. Good thing I have a house with wheels!

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypom View Post
Awesome! I hope you find someone! When I leave for my adventure it will be about 4-9 years from now so I have no idea if a cat and a dog will be enough. I am OK alone though and will be in my mid to upper 40s. Not sure if I will need companion yet, but I think having someone to travel with that's in the same situation you are (retired) is awesome. I have a brother and sister that have children out of the house. (Also a little brother has newborn, 3 year old and 10/12 year olds). But I was looking at getting them to join me for a few months a year. I have pretty much ALMOST talked my sister into going full time when she retires.. Not sure about older brother though.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:51 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyropete View Post
How long did you know her before going on this trip?
oops.. Didn't click the link at work earlier in the day. Clicked from home and sure enough that dude is a spambot.

Tags
solo