Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-13-2016, 05:41 AM   #1

Full time solo

Hi
Just looking for info. I live in CT & am selling my house & going full time. It is just my dog & I. My plan is to work camp in the winter down south & back up north in summer.
Since I still need health insurance looking for info on how you accomplished the tasks of domicile, registration, mail, heath insurance etc.
I know its the right decision but could use advice on the logical steps.
I travel in a 28' motorhome with no toad.
Thanks everyone
mike2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #2

Solo or not doesn't make a difference. You should check the Full Timing forum for more information about Domicile, Insurance, Registration, Mail forwarding, etc.
There are even a number of very recent threads.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #3

Full time solo too

Hi Mike welcome to the full time solo world. I have only been in it myself since Sept 2015. My condolences on the loss of your wife, know the pain As I lost my husband of 27 years in April 09. Per your request for information all I can tell you is what I currently do. I use my daughter' s address for all my domicile needs such as registration, mail, insurance etc. All of my bills I have set up on auto pay and I just go on line twice month to ensure their being paid. If something comes in the mail that my daughter things I need she can mail it to me at almost any state park I am in and/or RV parks. Don't do a lot of RV parks because their just to darn expensive. I find most state parks work well with water/elec and sewer at some but it's not that big of a deal to unhook and hit the dump station. Also check each state you in for county parks and/or national parks as well as Corp of Engineer Parks. They all offer something different and price varies as well. Remember too if they don't have all the amenities dry camping is good too and laundry mats can be found in just about any town.
I do not have to have health insbat this time, but do have Life insurance. Being solo is a great adventure and I keep myslef busy with lots of walks, meeting folks in the campgrounds and community. I write journals and read too. I do not have a pet as I am allergic to most cat/dog hair plus in my 25' RV it would have to be the size of a toy poodle! Go out and enjoy your RV and new life style. You only live once and you need to make each day a new adventure! Sorry so long winded buts it's a rainy day and it's my day for being inside and on the web. I find that my hotspot on my phone and my data package with Verizon works great for staying connected to family and friend and the web! Happy Trails and God be with you!
Reefwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:07 AM   #4

Thanks very much. I appreciate it
mike2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #5

Mike, you might check into the Escapees website, they have a plan where you can use their Texas address to register your RV and get cheaper tags, and they will hold your mail and send it to you wherever you are. My sister and her husband used them when they were full timing. Hope that helps.

Tags
full time, solo