Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-10-2023, 07:28 AM   #1

Going back to solo rv life

Hello. I am new to this group, I don’t get on here very often.
I went solo rving back in 2020-2022. I sold it and after 8 months missed it enough to buy another. I bought a 2019 newmar canyon star 3911. I pull a Honda CRV also. . It is the wheelchair lift version.
I am a T5 paraplegic. I traveled alone for a full 5 months for the most part in 2022.
I was able to visit every member of my family, and I have a big family. I’ve also met a lot of great people in my travels and look forward to many more.
Gayle.
gpdakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2023, 11:13 AM   #2

Good for you!!!

Get out, enjoy and make the most of your life!!
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 11:28 AM   #3

Fantastic - it is inspiring and puts a lot of things in perspective when there are people such as yourself who live beyond their challenges - Congrats and God Bless You
Old 05-10-2023, 03:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdakota View Post
I went solo rving back in 2020-2022. I sold it and after 8 months missed it enough to buy another. I bought a 2019 newmar canyon star 3911. I pull a Honda CRV also. . It is the wheelchair lift version.
I am a T5 paraplegic. I traveled alone for a full 5 months for the most part in 2022.
I was able to visit every member of my family, and I have a big family. I’ve also met a lot of great people in my travels and look forward to many more.
Gayle.

Wow, this is amazing, Gayle. It's posts like these that make me love this forum. By the sound of it, you're living life to the full and it's so very inspiring. Would love for you to keep us updated with your adventures!
kmackenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 03:26 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Good for you, Gayle. Post about your travels whenever ya can. We're all inspired by you.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:01 PM   #6

Safe travels and enjoy the ride!
Old 05-20-2023, 12:04 PM   #7

Good job Gayle, enjoy your time on the road.
Old 05-20-2023, 12:14 PM   #8

Very nice! Good to see that life challenges are not stopping your adventures. Safe travels!
BayRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdakota View Post
Gayle.
You are an inspiration, Gayle!

Wow, I wondered how well I would do on my own, just getting started, but I see from many of these threads, it is doable! Looking forward to a huge trip starting next week that will take me 3000 miles round trip in 16 days.

I look forward to hearing more about your adventures!
Old 07-23-2023, 09:04 AM   #10

Still going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmackenzie View Post
Wow, this is amazing, Gayle. It's posts like these that make me love this forum. By the sound of it, you're living life to the full and it's so very inspiring. Would love for you to keep us updated with your adventures!
It’s been quite the trip. First day I hit a gas pump, tore three of my side cargo doors up. I didn’t let it discourage me. I taped them up and went on with the trip.
Next I had a family reunion in Colorado that I went to. Haven’t had the whole family together in 30 years. It was awesome.
After that I went and stayed in Granby colorado, for a few weeks. I went parasailing with a guy that had a special cage for wheelchair users. It was Awesome!!! Felt so free.
After that headed to gunnison area and stayed at a state park that a friend was running. We did so much in two weeks, complete blast.
I decided to drive up to North Dakota to get the rv fixed by my brothers. I ordered three doors from newmar and they had the bottom cargo frame fixed and doors on in one day, now waiting to have them paint it in one day. The rv place wanted my rv for at least 2 months to fix it. So grateful for my family.
I may go to Canada from here, really not sure yet.
It’s been a great trip, can’t wait for more.
gpdakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 09:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
You are an inspiration, Gayle!

Wow, I wondered how well I would do on my own, just getting started, but I see from many of these threads, it is doable! Looking forward to a huge trip starting next week that will take me 3000 miles round trip in 16 days.

I look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

That's an ambitious itinerary. I've found I like to camp more and drive less when I'm solo, which is most of the time.

Good luck and safe travels to you.

Tags
solo