Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:28 PM   #1457

Hi, I don't have my RV yet, but I will have one by September. I will be soloing... no pets, just me. I lived full time with my GF 20yrs ago, we did it for 5 years and I loved it. Looking forward to getting back on the road.
AZHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2020, 11:43 AM   #1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I don't have one, but I know it is *not* a Northwood product. Arctic Fox brand is a top of the Northwood product line trailer made in LaGrande, OR. Forest River is made in Elkhart, IN.
I know this. That's why I was calling it a cheap version of the arctic fox by Northwood heh.. Was just wondering if anyone had one, and if so has the person that does have any issues?
gertpacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:57 AM   #1459

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHarrison View Post
Hi, I don't have my RV yet, but I will have one by September. I will be soloing... no pets, just me. I lived full time with my GF 20yrs ago, we did it for 5 years and I loved it. Looking forward to getting back on the road.
[ moderator edit]
gertpacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #1460

Hi all, this is Baltz. I am a widower and will solo RV with my two dogs after my lease is up here in Dayton at the end of October 2020 (I am living with a roommate currently). My plan is to head for the Mesa, AZ area November through April to escape winter. What comes after, I don't really know!
Does anybody have any recommendations on where to stay? Looking forward to exchange more thoughts!
Baltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:42 PM   #1461

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey everyone
My name is Paul and I retired last winter. I'm on the road work camping this summer in West Yellowstone with my two doxies. I currently have a job lined up for the first part of fall in Idaho. After that I don't know what I will be doing.
Kalispell, Montana
PaulAchuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:27 AM   #1462

I see a few new posts by new Solo RVers to which no one has responded. I’d like to say welcome. Those of you with plans are a step ahead of me. When I wake in the morning, I seldom know where that day will be going. My RV is in the shop right now getting some needed warranty issues addressed. I hope to have it back next weekend so I can go camping. My girlfriend from Florida is visiting me here in the PNW and I’d love to show her the sights as well as meet some of the family.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 04:27 PM   #1463

Welcome to all the new members! Paul, what do you do with your dogs while you are working? I have been thinking about that if I do travel with my dog.I am wondering for my own future possibilities.

Bassetbait
bassetbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:28 AM   #1464

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetbait View Post
Welcome to all the new members! Paul, what do you do with your dogs while you are working? I have been thinking about that if I do travel with my dog.I am wondering for my own future possibilities.

Bassetbait
I currently work from 9am-6pm and I get to come back to my RV for an hour for lunch so I just go out with them just before I head to work inn the morning and again at lunch then again when I get back home for the evening.

My job in Idaho in the fall is a 14 hour a day job 6 days a week so I'll hire a dog walker.
Kalispell, Montana
PaulAchuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:49 PM   #1465

Fleetwood Owners Club
Guess I should check in after a winter in Florida playing snowbird. Four months living in my 93 Pace Arrow, surprised me how good it was. With a trailer and hitch beefed up to 10k I towed a Camry down and back with little problems but am 62ft. The Pace is 36, no slides, was enough space for me.

1993 Pace Arrow Diesel Allison 6 spd
Cummins 8.3C Oshkosh M chassis
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2017 EZ-Go Golf Cart
miwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:43 PM   #1466

Howdy mi amigo's - wayward travelers

hello gang. I've been gathering new and always useful information here on the site and figured i'd introduce myself in the newbies forum. maybe garner some more invaluable info. My name is Calvin and after being in the O&G industry for what seems like forever and spending so much on hotels that i could have retired years ago, i finally made the jump to a used 5.0 and haven't looked back since. I've been from Texas up to Wyoming, Idaho to Arizona, New Mexico to Idaho and all parts in between. I have met some of the nicest people I could ever imagined in some of the most remote camps. Fact is i've spent so much time in the 5.0 that i decided to upgrade to a larger unit. not because its too small, but have you ever sat in the Texas Piney woods in August? 100 deg & 100% humidity will drive an armadillo in front of a fan. Anyhow, just got back from boondocking in Gunnison Co state park for 2 weeks and will be headed back to Flagstaff KOA soon if anybody wants to meet up for a cold one and to talk shop. I'd love listening to informative rv'ing stories.
Cheers and safe travels
CWC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:03 PM   #1467

Iffn' you see that mean ole buzzard @FatChance down there, tell him Hi from Craig in Denver. His Mrs. FatWife (she isn't) is nice tho. They're somewhere very close to you.

I'm solo too, so I can post here.
CIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:14 PM   #1468

Damon Owners Club
New Class A FT

Hey all,
Bought my first RV... 42 Tuscany. What a jump and learning curve, but full timing and solo'ing it in NC. I have made many posts trying to get help on new things to me and everyone has been very helpful. Did I say that learning curve was steep!
RC
rodrickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:24 PM   #1469

A new beginning

Greetings! New solo traveler after losing my copilot of 42 years to Alzheimers. We traveled for years in a truck camper until that got to be too much. I just purchased a 22' BornFree Built4Two. Not sure where this all will lead but am looking forward to hitting the road. I retired from law enforcement after 30 years and am SO GLAD to be retired! My current copilot is an 8yr old German Shepard Izzy. She has decided the front seat is where she belongs!
Bluemoon937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:31 AM   #1470

Newby intro

Hi fellow solos,
I've yet to find the right RV, but in the process of researching. I'm mostly retired since covid is making it tough to be a massage therapist. Moved from Denver to rural NM 4 years ago to care for Mom, who is almost 96. So can't really leave yet. My bucket list includes making it to all national parks in the west and maybe some in the east. I hope to organize a small caravan of like minded folks. I'm interested in experiencing the parks with hikes, maybe some biking, and learning about the history and nature of the parks. Maybe it's too much for some, but just driving around isn't my focus. Anyway, happy to be here and read the posts.... kind of an armchair traveler right now.
SherryNM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv