Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #85

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by MovableBookLady:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GraciesMom:
it's something you have to change in your personal profile section. Thanks!! GM
I just did that yesterday after wandering around for a while figuring stuff out. It should go through now (I hope). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>GM...If she did not - then you can go in as Moderator and fix it for her....

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #86

Hi everyone,

New to solo rving. Retired widow seeking other solos to RV with.
MsDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #87

Excel Owners Club
Welcome MsDaisey, this has been a little dead for a few days , but if you PM <span class="ev_code_RED">Gracie's Mom</span> she has been running with some solo group that you might be looking for……Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #88

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Hi MsDaisy!

Welcome! Check out the Regional Chapters, Campouts & Rallies at the bottom of this forum. Also look at my post in this area for the Singles GTG in Fredericksburg, TX (Hill country) for April 1 - 5, 2009.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #89

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Hello MsDaisy and welcome! Yes - things have been a little dead around here. I am boondocking in an area where even my Verizon Air Card is practically useless - not to mention my Sprint phone!! I came into town today to try to get caught up - and check in on everyone.

I am not running with any singles group - I have joined two, tried out one, and am traveling with some friends. But if you are seeking company, there are a LOT of very active singles groups out there - Loners On Wheels, Escapees Solo's, Wandering Individuals, RVing Women . . . just do a search online and you'll find all kinds of singles groups - then look for where they will be and GO!! HAVE FUN!! You will probably meet a few people of like mind to travel with, as I did, and that is really nice. The big groups get a little overwhelming at times. IRV2.com is a great site, will help you with just about any problem you might have. There are lots of very informed RV'ers here - and we in the solo's section are here to lend an ear and advice if it's needed. Hopefully, we'll all continue to share our adventures, experiences and ways to enjoy our solo RV journey more. Welcome again!!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #90

Hello Everyone, I have good news? My business will close April 1st. I've been looking toward to go Rving and see the country without interruptions of working. Also looking forward to go south to get warm but will most likely be going north to stay cool. It appears I'll be going solo because my SO has cold feet. He's too earth bound with stuff and does not like extream change. We both own our own home but I thought we would sell all but one. Now he's not wanting to do any of our plans. I'm 56 and he's near 60... he retired 5 yrs ago. He has no bills and has good savings so I'm not sure what's the problem. We've been RVing together since 1997 and belong to other rv clubs. I've had to take small trips before without him. Also, I drive the 5th wheel the majority of the time because he doesn't want to. I don't get it. Anyway I've worked to hard to stay home. So here I am single and wanting to be on the road. I thought I would put my house on the market after I leave and see what happens. I don't have to sell but thought I would still have a home base somewhere.

KC Sunshine
kcsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:31 AM   #91

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Welcome aboard kcsunshine ...

I'm Rick and if you look at our past posts you'll see I'm here alot... Which means I'm not out on the road alot

GraciesMom is the creator and curator of this group, but she is out there somewhere having fun and obviously out of reach of the internet.

We try to have live chats on Thursdays... but I seldom remember what day it is

Again Welcome
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #92

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Do you know where most solo Rvers go during the winter? During the summer?

kcsunshine
Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #93

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
In the winter a popular place is Demming NM..at the LOW site. LOW is Loners On Wheels. Some the Slabs in southern Calif., some in Arizona and Florida.

GraciesMom put a list of singles groups on one of the forum threads... oh, here it is:
Solo Groups
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #94

Thanks for the info.

kcsunshine
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #95

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Hi KC!! And welcome to the solo forum!!

You go girl - life is too short - go forth and HAVE FUN!! We're close in age so I can tell ya from my experience, we're not too old to do this and it's a blast!!

Read through the posts on the forum . . . I've listed several singles groups. Everyone tends to hang out in the Yuma area but as Rick said, there's the Loners On Wheels ranch in Deming, New Mexico - there's almost always single RV'ers there. There's also a LoW area at The Slabs - an experience unto itself. The LoW members tend to be older and less adventurous. If you want action, Wandering Individuals are your ticket. Escapees also has a solo group and Escapees has "chapters" for special interests that singles and couples attend.

Where are you located again? Where are you headed? I'd love to meet you at sometime. We are here for you - I'll answer whatever questions I can and if I don't know the answer, someone else will, I'm sure!

Welcome and happy traveling!!! GM
Old 03-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #96

Hello GraciesMon, Thanks for the warm welcome. I live in KC Missouri.

The singles group, Wandering Individuals, sounds fun. I'll check them out on the web. What is Slabs?

I'm currently finding the transitioning uneasy from beinging coupled to single.... going solo. This was not the plan. What a show down... Can't believe he's not wanting to go and let me go alone. ...however I'm looking forward to meet other singles that have the same interests as mine.

I'm adding a washer and 4 gulf cart batteries to my rv. Not sure if I'll have a portable generator or have one installed. I'm concerned about the hitch wt. The batteries are a start between boondocking and shore power.

I'm not concerned about safety. However, concerned of being alone yet having much fun and wanting to share it with someone special.

After the sale of my business, I'm taking my sister, her family, niece and her husband, on a cruise. My youngest sister has breast cancer and will be starting her treatments soon. I haven't said anything to my family, I'll be heading out alone. They know I'm very capable of going solo. I'm projecting to leave KC about mid or late May. My sister should be done with treatments.

KCsunshine
Old 01-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #97

Solo Rvers Club
Heartland RV Club
Hi everyone! My name is Dyana and while new to the forum, I'm not that new to full time solo RV'ing. I just started my 3rd year out here. It's funny how there seem to be so many solos on the forum, but I rarely run into any on the road. I've checked into all of the clubs and keep myself updated on their meetings, but it seems like I'm never where they are when they're meeting :-( Try harder and more walks around the parks, I think.
Anyway, I'm a 40-something (OK - 47) widow with two (kind of) grown boys :-) I'm from a small town near Tacoma, Washington - a place I'll always call home and love very much, although I'm not sure I'll ever live there again.
Currently, I'm moving across the south east headed toward Lousianna - first to work on a Habitat for Humanity build, then to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. This is my first Habitat build and I'm pretty excited about it. And going from that to Mardi Gras? Perfect!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I've posted several times and have found the forum - the whole thing, not just the solos - to be very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Thanks for that. Glad I found you.
I see it's been a very long time since anyone has introduced themselves here and would like to encourage newer folks to do so. I know I'd like to hear from you.
JazzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #98

Hi KC and welcome to our little group. I like your screen name, sounds like you might be from Kansas City,(thats is just a guess). which is a former home of mine. I live in Florida during the winter, Ohio during the summer. There are a lot of singles down here, but in a minority over all. Again welcome.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv