Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #855

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papermaker1 View Post
Hi, Have become a solo rver due to my wife passing from an 8 month losing battle with cancer. Haven't traveled in over a year, but plan to take a short trip next month. My copilot now is a 5 year old American Staffordshier Terrier, if I could only teach her to drive. Have grandkids in Texas I will be traveling to see. Hope to get to know some of you on this forum.
Thanks a lot.
So sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through. I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer 10 months ago. After getting over the initial shock (the cancer was discovered just a few weeks before he died), I downsized my RV and have resumed travelling. I truly believe that it was the best decision I made at the time. I don't miss him any less, but it is great to just get away.

My co-pilot is Casey, a retired racing greyhound. Not so good at navigation, but a wonderful companion.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2015, 02:45 PM   #856

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdjeb2 View Post
So sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through. I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer 10 months ago. After getting over the initial shock (the cancer was discovered just a few weeks before he died), I downsized my RV and have resumed travelling. I truly believe that it was the best decision I made at the time. I don't miss him any less, but it is great to just get away.

My co-pilot is Casey, a retired racing greyhound. Not so good at navigation, but a wonderful companion.
So sorry for your loss DBDJEB, so glad you shared with us and very happy you are enjoying your RV and with the furbaby with you, its not ever quite as bad.......I love mine, but I so so miss the kids I've lost.....especially my little Spencer......

Anyway, thanks for sharing and bless you both and keep the posts and pictures, we love pictures, of your adventures!

Hugs and thanks for sharing!!

Old 04-15-2015, 06:17 PM   #857

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevnicka1 View Post
So sorry about your loss. Where will you be traveling in Texas? I'm in Dallas about 20 miles south of downtown. Hmm..does your Terrier do the navigation? Have fun and enjoy. Keep in touch. bevnicka1
Hi, Thanks for your kind words. My son in law, daughter, 2 grandkids are stationed at Fort Hood in Killeen. I would like to go out this summer. Rain my Terrier navigates real good, she knows where all the treats are hid. Again thanks for your caring.
Papermaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:30 PM   #858

Rick here. Retired Army...Starting a new 2 month solo trip in my 5th wheel toy hauler starting this week. Just me and my dog...hell yeah! MI to AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, WV then home.
cavnet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:36 AM   #859

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Have a great time

Happy travels....my friend is a retired Sgt. Major in Army....he was on peacekeeping missions....we compare notes on places we have been in the world. It is so much fun to travel in the rig and see all the great places in USA. Hope you have a great time.
bevnicka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #860

Thanks Bevnika1
cavnet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #861

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
Have a great time

Hi have a great time and please post from time to time. where you go do you use rv parks or dry camping ? especially if you see something interesting or fun...... enjoy
Old 04-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #862

Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey! I'm from VA, 27 y/o, with a 24' Class C. I have been full timing for a year now. I'm having problems with my rv and looking into getting a travel trailer soon. until then you can check out my youtube channel and see how I started on this journey!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmM...oKmpvaCxR2_bZg
Ms.Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:55 AM   #863

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Saw your video

Hi Ms.Tito,

You are an adventurous gal....I reviewed your you tube video....motorhomes, travel trailers, etc....when you buy, must check roof (for future purchases)....I'm sure by now you have repaired....it is the one area that must be maintained. So sorry you are having such issues....RV'g should be fun...but now and then there are breakdowns of this and that....but doing preventative maintenance sure helps. There's some great tapes you can buy to help you through a lot of issues. You might want to go to an RV Boot Camp class....Escapees has a few each year...it is a weekend class and very informative.....you meet lots of RV'rs and learn a lot. A great refresher course also.

Happy travels.
Bev
bevnicka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #864

Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevnicka1 View Post
Hi Ms.Tito,

You are an adventurous gal....I reviewed your you tube video....motorhomes, travel trailers, etc....when you buy, must check roof (for future purchases)....I'm sure by now you have repaired....it is the one area that must be maintained. So sorry you are having such issues....RV'g should be fun...but now and then there are breakdowns of this and that....but doing preventative maintenance sure helps. There's some great tapes you can buy to help you through a lot of issues. You might want to go to an RV Boot Camp class....Escapees has a few each year...it is a weekend class and very informative.....you meet lots of RV'rs and learn a lot. A great refresher course also.

Happy travels.
Bev
Thank you Bev for the information! I will definitely have to learn more when I get my travel trailer. Even with the difficult times I still love the lifestyle so those will not deter me. It has been a learning experience so I know a lot of what not to do now. Plus places like this website will help in the future too.
Ms.Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:27 PM   #865

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Amazing Ms. Tito. Go for it. You have got a lot more nerve than I. Waited 40 years for an RV. started with a trailer and six months later took a bath on it and traded it for a MH, which is what I really always wanted. So far, only had it one week. as Winston Churchill said - this applies to dreams - " never....., never.....,never give up.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:49 PM   #866

From mass here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciesMom View Post
If you're new to IRV2 Solo's, check in here and introduce yourself! And a warm welcome from the gang in the solo forum!!

From mass here, where is everyone from?
Cassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:23 PM   #867

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassa View Post
Cassa. I'm from Minnesnowta!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:45 AM   #868

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassa View Post
Welcome Cassa.

I'm from Ohio- at least in the summer. Winters usually somewhere warmer.

mangy dog
mangy dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv